Hi All!! Alot to lose so feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Options
2»

Replies

• pfein
    pfein Posts: 1
    Options
    Jimmie,
    Do you know how to eat an elephant? Just one bite at a time...take this slow and easy and watch the scale descend a little bit week by week! You CAN do it...my fitbit has been a godsend..it gets me up and moving every day!
  • vicdamone78
    vicdamone78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Jimmie!!

If I can give you one piece of advice, I'll tell to stay true to yourself. If you have the will you're halfway there. Think about the person that you want to be. Get a clear picture of it. Save that picture of yourself in your mind. Do whatever you have to do to be that version of you. Work towards it everyday keeping that picture alive. Even if it's little by little. Yes it will be a lot of hard work and discipline but it will change your life! Before you know it you will be that person that you kept the mental picture of. It will not fail. Don't give up when times get hard and keep pushing. Start with an awesome diet and you will see drastic changes. Take care Jimmie and wish you the best in your journey!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimmie!

Let's start with a success story of someone who was in your shoes last year:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/07/31/how-anthony-the-developer-lost-over-200-lbs-in-one-year/

You are here because you want to be the best you can be; and you realized that what ever you were doing before wasn't working so good. It doesn't matter where you come from, what's important is where you are going!
    When you start something new you want ideas and you want someone to take you by the hand and show you the way.
    Everyone gives good advice but let's face it it's hard to pick the right one,
    You need a good plan, a starting point and a path that brings success.

1. Find a lifestyle that works for you. I recommend Primal ( as it will melt fat away). Check it out at marksdailyapple.com ( look at the success stories, hundreds of them). Change what you eat without changing who you are, make small changes that you can live with for the rest of your life. Learn to prepare a simple meal at home and if it helps cook it over and over again, takes away the stress.

2. Weight loss is for dummies: real goal is fat loss.
    Fat loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

3. Move slowly and frequently. Doesn't matter how much you can do, what matters is the effort it represents for your body!

4. Take pictures. You will be mad if you don't.

5. Find a program that you like and stick with it for 2 months. Take pictures, compare results! Time is your best friend right now!
  • Jimmie342
    Jimmie342 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all the advice. I feel a bit better now. I will reclaim my life one step at a time. I feel like I will really get the support I need here.
  • drey0422
    drey0422 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all the advice. I feel a bit better now. I will reclaim my life one step at a time. I feel like I will really get the support I need here.

We are all for the same reason!!! :)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimmie, welcome to MFP and congratulations for starting this journey! You will learn a lot on these boards, some good, some bad, but as long as you are committed to your health and getting fitter, it will happen.
  • itscocoa
    itscocoa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimmie, I am lazy when it comes to exercise just like you,,,I dread it. Maybe you can take baby steps. Walk to the corner or around the block...like 30 minutes, 15 minutes out and 15 min back . I only exercise 5-10 min after every meal.