Kinect Your Shape Work Out Program

Options
lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
I need some suggestions. I do Kinect - Your Shape but I just sort of jump around...I mostly do the Cardio with the personal trainer and the cardio boxing. Is there some sort of routine I should be doing? Cardio and toning one day, cardio and strength, etc? Or should I just be happy that I burn 500 calories per half an hour?

Replies

• dieselveins
    dieselveins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just be happy and do it however you want.. I would suggest strengthing in there to mix it up because muscle burns fat even at rest..
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I wish i could burn that many calories in 30 minutes! I think you're doing awesome...keep it up!
  • Final7
    Final7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree, I used the kinect (my shape) for 30 mins the other night and only burnt 80 Cal :(
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    the important thing is to move- but a little strength training never hurts- try to put in 2 days a week. Of course it really depends what your fitness goals are but you can always change and vary those as you go. BTW if you like to dance- Dance central is pretty freaking fun!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    don't go by what the kinect says...I wear a HRM when I work out...and I do a couple of different things on there...i really like the cardio boxing though lol
  • lilRicki
    Options
    the important thing is to move- but a little strength training never hurts- try to put in 2 days a week. Of course it really depends what your fitness goals are but you can always change and vary those as you go. BTW if you like to dance- Dance central is pretty freaking fun!

I heard that's pretty slick...i tried it on the demos..my fiance was quite impressed lol but I use to teach break dancing back in the day (before I met him) so i at least have rhythm lol...what do you think about the Active 2? it looks intense...and the Zumba reviews are really bad. I do Zumba DVD's and they're freakin hard
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I bought that game and returned it within 3 days. I tried the a bunch of different mini games, few of the work out routines and seen after about an hour, I'd burn about 250 calories. I could get those results by doing push ups! I wasn't even sweating. My legs hurt because of the repetitive leg lifts and stuff. But that was it.

So I went and ordered P90X. Should be here tomorrow.
  • Kapsapirukas
    Options
    Whats an HRM?
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    Heart rate monitor
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I haven't even tried P90X...in fact it's in my pocket right now on a flashdrive lol...I did Insanity for a week and quit...that's a damn hard work out. But congrats on trying it. I switched to Zumba after that, it's fun but complicated. I really like Your Shape, not for the HRM or the fact that I can't keep up with the personal trainer (it looks like I am but for some reason it keeps yelling at me to be in sync with my trainer)...but I burn a lot, and I sweat bombs so it can't be that bad. I burn more in half an hour than I did at the gym so I've got to be doing something right?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love the cardio boxing. I added weights for strength training.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    I haven't even tried P90X...in fact it's in my pocket right now on a flashdrive lol...I did Insanity for a week and quit...that's a damn hard work out. But congrats on trying it. I switched to Zumba after that, it's fun but complicated. I really like Your Shape, not for the HRM or the fact that I can't keep up with the personal trainer (it looks like I am but for some reason it keeps yelling at me to be in sync with my trainer)...but I burn a lot, and I sweat bombs so it can't be that bad. I burn more in half an hour than I did at the gym so I've got to be doing something right?

I am glad you are getting results with it. I am not sure why I wasn't. Though maybe a HRM will help give me more accurate stats. I will maybe give the game another go once I can find it a little cheaper. Combined that with P90X and my daily routine should really help.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    p90x is all you're going to need for your work out plan...trust me. I have a few friends that are doing it right now, and it's intense. But man the results are amazing. Anything works if you use it. Look how many ellypitcals are on ebay...people thought that those would be the key to weight loss...yeah they are if you used them...keep me posted on how you're doing.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I wish you could delete a post :blushing: I accidently double posted...
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I highly recommend you get a HRM before you start P90X....just to watch your intensity
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options
    I need some suggestions. I do Kinect - Your Shape but I just sort of jump around...I mostly do the Cardio with the personal trainer and the cardio boxing. Is there some sort of routine I should be doing? Cardio and toning one day, cardio and strength, etc? Or should I just be happy that I burn 500 calories per half an hour?

I do Your Shape also. You burn 500 calories per half hour? Wow! I really need to get a HRM to see what the real numbers are. The onscreen calorie counter says I burn like 250-300 calories in an hour!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Upon further investigation, my HRM was sabotaging me...so now I just log it as dance, general on MFP...as a result I have an expensive stop watch lol...I hate my stupid HRM!