What Would You Do If You Saw.....

ginakiki
ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
So i am leaving my kickboxing class and driving home and i see this guy on a bicycle with his pit-bull. He had the dogs lease on the bike and was dragging the dog. I quickly make a u-turn and i see this another guy going up to him. So the guy goes to the guy on the bike i will pay for your dog please let me buy him off of you. The guy starts punching the dog in the face and starts getting into the other guys face. i am screaming and getting in the guys face and he reaches in his pocket...i though he had a knife but he starts calling his friends and saying hes going to jump us... and i am like i am calling the cops and the guy takes off with the dog. Long story short cops never came. I also so this guy before with the dog. So i hope i run into him and next time video tape it. but i dont want there to be a next time. I love all types of animals and i will defend them no matter what,. I also love pit-bulls and a big advocate for them. i just feel like i failed I didnt save the dog. I drove around looking everywhere for this guy, i know thats not smart cause i am a girl and alone. The guy that helped me told me he would get the dog back no matter what!. my question is why cant cops stop this...who do u call for this kind of a situation.

thanks <3 xo gina

Replies

• kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    If possible, take photos of the guy and the dog being dragged. Then file a report so at least the cops have it. Unfortunately they won't pursue something like this, but at least it's something.

Post it all over facebook, twitter, whatever. These idiots won't get caught if they aren't exposed.

Or run him over and steal the dog.
  • ginakiki
    If possible, take photos of the guy and the dog being dragged. Then file a report so at least the cops have it. Unfortunately they won't pursue something like this, but at least it's something.

Post it all over facebook, twitter, whatever. These idiots won't get caught if they aren't exposed.

Or run him over and steal the dog.

i know..thanks that guy was saying he was going to get the dog
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    I probably would have knocked the dirtbag off his bike, dragged him and kept the dog. What a POS!!!
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Run him over. I'm sure nobody would miss him.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Call the Humane Society or animal control. To me, the regular police have enough on their plate and there are other agencies to call about animal abuse.
  • ginakiki
    thank you everyone...xo
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I probably would have knocked the dirtbag off his bike, dragged him and kept the dog. What a POS!!!

^This. I am not a violent person, but I just cannot handle seeing someone abuse an animal. I would definitely lose my *kitten* over something like that.
  • ginakiki

^This. I am not a violent person, but I just cannot handle seeing someone abuse an animal. I would definitely lose my *kitten* over something like that.

i wish i could have taken the dog but this guy was jacked and here i am 5 feet in his face grabbing for the dog. I just couldn't believe what i was seeing.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    You must not call Animal Control,/Humsne Society/SPCA because in many localities, pit bulls are automatically murdered when confiscated. They murder the vast majority of all animals in their custody.

I have 2 pit bulls, and I worship them. This is a heartwrenching situation that you have witnessed. Yes, that guy deserves to be run over!

However, the dog would face a worse fate in the hands of Animal Control.

I hope with all my heart the lowlife scumbag decides he is willing to sell the dog.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i disagree that calling animal control would be worse. really? worse than being dragged down the street by a bike? being punched repeatedly in the face? and we all know where it will eventually lead…so animal control is at least the humane option, even if it means the dog is put out of its misery.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    This is the problem with playing good Samaritan... Some times people would just want to take it out.

On the other hand I would of broken the guys neck for hurting an animal.

will leave it on a note my father taught me as a child. "Never get in a situation you can't fight your way out of"
  • ginakiki
    I dont know who to call i am looking online for no kill places....I am going to find this dog and take this guys picture or video tape him i just cant do it by myself if he can hit a dog i am guessing he will hit a girl!
  • ginakiki
    This is the problem with playing good Samaritan... Some times people would just want to take it out.

will leave it on a note my father taught me as a child. "Never get in a situation you can't fight your way out of"

your right i have to be smart about this...i been up all nite sick over this!
  • ginakiki
    You must not call Animal Control,/Humsne Society/SPCA because in many localities, pit bulls are automatically murdered when confiscated. They murder the vast majority of all animals in their custody.

I have 2 pit bulls, and I worship them. This is a heartwrenching situation that you have witnessed. Yes, that guy deserves to be run over!

However, the dog would face a worse fate in the hands of Animal Control.

I hope with all my heart the lowlife scumbag decides he is willing to sell the dog.

I had a pit bull and my dog was like my child. I plan to adopt again after me and my bf get married. All my pets were either saved or found. i will always rescue an animal in need. And always be there voice
  • ginakiki

where were u then lol i needed help
  • laynerich15

your right i have to be smart about this...i been up all nite sick over this!

It is sad that some people are just scumbags and need to be beaten to death.

But as someone that had done martial arts for all of my teens and early 20s, Seeing things like this really worry me, Sadly most "normal" people walk around with blinders on and live in the world of nothing can happen to them.

Stuff like this can escalate very quickly.

I guess what I am trying to say is be careful.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    The guy was PUNCHING THE DOG IN THE FACE?????

Well, had it been me, I would be in jail. Because I would have started punching the guy in the face, the stomach, the privates, the pancreas, everywhere I could lay a punch. Then I would have found a two by four and started hitting him with it. Then I would have taken the dog home with me.

It's hard to say what to advise here. Animal cruelty is against the law. If you see him do something like this again, maybe call the police, but it's hard to say what would happen to the poor dog.

I really, really, really hate people sometimes.
  • laynerich15

^^^^^^ This
  • ginakiki
    The guy was PUNCHING THE DOG IN THE FACE?????

Well, had it been me, I would be in jail. Because I would have started punching the guy in the face, the stomach, the privates, the pancreas, everywhere I could lay a punch. Then I would have found a two by four and started hitting him with it. Then I would have taken the dog home with me.

It's hard to say what to advise here. Animal cruelty is against the law. If you see him do something like this again, maybe call the police, but it's hard to say what would happen to the poor dog.

oh trust me i made a scene and this happen on a busy road and no one stopped but that one guy. the guy that helped me held me back cause he didnt want me getting hurt...the guy and i tryed grabbing the dog....i went nuts and was saying i was going to punch him in the face. i did call the cops they never came...thats what i dont get why or who do u call for this
  • ginakiki
    thank u again....if anyone finds out who to call let me know...i will keep u updated i plan on driving around later