What Would You Do If You Saw.....

Replies

• california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Hey G.
    get pictures, video anything and everything that you can. call animal control they will come out before the cops do. but also make a report with the video info to the cops. if you can try to follow him (if youre uncomfortable with this then dont do it, dont get hurt) but try to follow him to see where he lives that way you can also give the address to the cops, they might come out then because they dont have to look for him, they just have to go up to the house. but also again call animal control to let them know where he lives. i know at least here that if you are able to make a report with animal control and they come out and get the animal and take it, and see the abuse, THEY can stay there while THEY call the cops and the cops are more likely to come out if animal control calls them. you can also call rescues in your area and let them know what is happening and get a report on file with them, and ask that if you see it again if you called the rescue would they come out. most of the time they will come out to get the dog, they also have more pull with animal control and that cops then just one person.
    unless you are prepared to defend yourself DO NOT go up to this guy alone.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    Hey G.
    get pictures, video anything and everything that you can. call animal control they will come out before the cops do. but also make a report with the video info to the cops. if you can try to follow him (if youre uncomfortable with this then dont do it, dont get hurt) but try to follow him to see where he lives that way you can also give the address to the cops, they might come out then because they dont have to look for him, they just have to go up to the house. but also again call animal control to let them know where he lives. i know at least here that if you are able to make a report with animal control and they come out and get the animal and take it, and see the abuse, THEY can stay there while THEY call the cops and the cops are more likely to come out if animal control calls them. you can also call rescues in your area and let them know what is happening and get a report on file with them, and ask that if you see it again if you called the rescue would they come out. most of the time they will come out to get the dog, they also have more pull with animal control and that cops then just one person.

thanks H,

i knew you would know what to do. i will not go up to this guy alone, i hope to find him and his address so they can deal with him. xo
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Hey G.

thanks H,

i knew you would know what to do. i will not go up to this guy alone, i hope to find him and his address so they can deal with him. xo

Please let us know how it goes. I'm weeping for this poor animal.
  • ginakiki
    [/quote]

Please let us know how it goes. I'm weeping for this poor animal.
    [/quote]

i will promise....i am sick over it 2
  • ginakiki
    when i leave work i am going to go looking in my car for him.....get him on video hopefully i find where he lives
  • ginakiki
    updated : drove a hr looking for this dog....didn't find her. i will try everyday
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    updated : drove a hr looking for this dog....didn't find her. i will try everyday

I'm rooting for you!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member

I'm rooting for you!

As am I
  • ginakiki
    thank you guys....i am going to be smart i am going to find out where he lives first....the more i been thinking the pit was a girl dog....and i have a feeling hes using her to breed cause u can tell....by u know...lol.....i will not give up on her. if i saw him once before this incident he lives local and doesn't drive, so he walks ever where. thank u again and i will let u know how i do tomorrow.

xo
  • Gina! Oh my hell, that's absolutely disgusting and terrible. What a low life scumbag. Makes me wanna beat him up or hide under my blankets and cry because humanity can be awful. HOWEVER I am reminded its not because there are warriors like you and 'other dude' who stepped in and did your best to save the dog. Don't feel like you failed because you did what you could. The guy is obviously a really shady and deranged character and you both could have been really hurt which helps no one. . Of course Pit bull mama (Haley) has fabulous advice so take it. Ewwwwww, makes me so mad. Just EW!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    I probably would have knocked the dirtbag off his bike, dragged him and kept the dog. What a POS!!!

where were u then lol i needed help

Ohhh Gina, how I wish I was there! I have 3 Pits and can't even imagine how someone can punch theirs in the face. It really sickens me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you can find that poor dog, but don't confront this lunatic alone. He sounds like a nut job.
  • ginakiki
    Gina! Oh my hell, that's absolutely disgusting and terrible. What a low life scumbag. Makes me wanna beat him up or hide under my blankets and cry because humanity can be awful. HOWEVER I am reminded its not because there are warriors like you and 'other dude' who stepped in and did your best to save the dog. Don't feel like you failed because you did what you could. The guy is obviously a really shady and deranged character and you both could have been really hurt which helps no one. . Of course Pit bull mama (Haley) has fabulous advice so take it. Ewwwwww, makes me so mad. Just EW!

thanks love i know if i see him i am not going to go up to him. i never thought anyone could hurt a dog like that....i been sick over it. I will do what haley says. So last night i did a search on my computer, looking up lost dogs in that area....or dogs for sale. i didnt find any puppies for sale. but what i did find was a lost pit that looks just like the one i saw. And the people left there address and number and it was right where i saw this SOB. the problem is...this dog was a girl and the one who is lost was a boy. but still i thought it was weird, and that dog that was lost has been missing for over ten mths, and at the time he was 3mths when he went missing. So i called the number and no one answered but I have to be smart about it, cause what if its that guy. So I just said have you found your dog. left my number and if they call back i am just going to say I saw a dog, with out giving details. I am going to do some detective work lol. maybe drive by the house. I wouldnt go up to this guy even if I had my bf with me. So I am just going to try everyday to look for the dog. Also I forgot to mention that day this happen, the guy that helped me was like I noticed your pit sticker on the car, when I saw that I knew I was in good hands lol.
    xo
  • ginakiki
    I probably would have knocked the dirtbag off his bike, dragged him and kept the dog. What a POS!!!

where were u then lol i needed help

Ohhh Gina, how I wish I was there! I have 3 Pits and can't even imagine how someone can punch theirs in the face. It really sickens me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you can find that poor dog, but don't confront this lunatic alone. He sounds like a nut job.

thank you...I wish you were here to...lol I love all dogs. But after being a pit owner, my next dog will be a pit. i love the breed they get such a bad rap. I had my pit for 3 years and my ex bf took the dog and moved to Vegas with him. I tried getting him back but even though my ex was a *kitten*, he did treat the dog good so I didnt want to fight over the dog. The dog would be 9 today. Last time I heard the dog was good. But every year on his birthday i will have a cake or a cupcake and a candle on it for his birthday lol. No party or anything I just acknowledge it. Anyway his name was Chevy Chase lol....Before him I never thought to get a pit I always wanted a small dog.....and then when I adopted Chevy he made me love the breed and I learned so much from him. And how people treated me when I walked him etc. I will always save or adopt my next dog, no matter the breed..... but i prefer a pit....cause at the shelters there 90% pitbulls there.

thanks again I will give u guys a update later...i am going back to bed its 6:20 in ny here!
  • ginakiki
    Update: Its raining bad over here...went looking no luck, trying again later this afternoon. I hope it stops raining

thanks again for all your support

lets find her!!!!!
  • california_haley
    I hope you find her soon!

Last night the cutest sweetest female pittie came over here, with her little sheep dog friend. the pit was scared up nose to tail, with fresh cut covering her chest. they were running around without collars, but i knew where the sheep dog lived (just a few houses down) she often comes to play with Alpha. I gave them food and water and was able to get leashes on both of them. got them in the house (put them in our dog kennels) with hubby went to ask the owner of the sheep dog if he also owned the pittie. he didnt answer so doug went to ask the neighbor, they told him this dirtbag beats the pit daily right in his front yard! i cant believe his neighbors just let him do this with out calling the cops! or taking the dog! they also said that he will put both dogs in too small kennels for a week at a time with no food or water, and just let them poddy in their kennels and make them sit in it! i was sick too my stomach. we called the sheriff who of course said we would either have to keep them till monday so animal control could come get them (which is considered to be dog theft and WE could go to jail) or to take them to the animal control weekend drop box. so we did that. i waa heart broken to see them go.
    the animal control ladies said that if he comes looking for them there they run his name if he has two strikes he doesnt get them back, because this would be his 3rd strike. if he doesnt then they have to give the dogs back to him. i so hope he cant get them back. but next week im going to be walking alpha past his house everyday to see if they are back. and ill find away to get them taken away again.
    wish i could adopt them but sadly we have too much going on with our 3 dogs and the baby. we dont have the money or room for them. but im glad they are safe for the weekend at least.
    they also said that if he doesnt get them back i can come down and play with them if i want to, so i will be doing that. the pittie loved playing fetch.
  • ginakiki
    Haley

When u told me this today I was sick for you there so close to u and you cant help them. I hope some one can adopt them soon.

UPDATE: So I was out with my mom today...and even thou i am 32 years old she was like please i beg u not to look for this dirt bag, u can get killed. I told her i promise to be careful but when i believe in something or a cause nothing will change my mind. She also couldn't believe that i went running out of my car to defend a stranger and a dog and get in a guys face. I told her think of all the people who drive by or hear things all the time and do nothing....and u find out they got killed etc....U need people like me and that stranger....if you were getting attacked and screaming and people drove right by u wouldn't u want them to stop. And shes like yea.....

SO..... I went searching for the dog today, for 2 hrs....i think my neighborhood is getting creep out by all my drive by's and quick u turns when i see someone walking a dog lol. I know hes local cause the 2 times i saw him he was at the same street corner. So on my search for the dog I am driving and this mixed brown lab comes running in front of my car and just lays down and i am in the car just looking at this dog all skinny no tags no collar and he looks at me...still in front of the car stands up and starts moving his nose up and to the side. I am like what is this dog doing it. i park my car and a block away the dog brings me to a house and to a fence on the side, and the fence was broken and there were ways the dog can go in and out. So the dog goes thru the fence and comes right out. then it starts to takes his nose and pushed me barking and then ran across the street and lays down at someone door step. I go ring the bell and these kids answer and were like hey destiny, I am like is this your dog....there like no he lives across the street. He escapes thru the broken fence and we feed him and he then goes home...sometimes he stays here. I am like where are the owners.... they said they r never home and they have two other dogs. And the kids were like usually all 3 come over they stick together and then go home. I am like should i call someone and then there mom comes to the door and shes like nope there in greats hands over here and we are prob going to end up taking all 3 anyway...I am like should we fix the fence she like nope not until there home with us. Cause these dogs get out thru a basement window from the house into the yard. I am like thats crazy. I am like did you tell the owners u want them, she said they were like whatever keep them they do nothing but bark and make a mess. I am like why not take them now, and she like you know what your right and as soon as she said that destiny ran over there and came back 10mins later with the other 2 dogs. I was like WTF. shes like yep the dog is so smart and the other two follow him. Smart he brought me to his house and then to u guys. This family was perfect she showed me the garage she had beds for them and toys and a big backyard. I might have not found the dog today but i guess i helped Destiny to her true owners......ALSO DESTINY IS THE DOGS NAME!!!!! FREAKY lol
  • ginakiki
    I forgot to say Haley and me must be dog whispers, some kind of radar on us the strays always come finding us lol
  • california_haley
    I forgot to say Haley and me must be dog whispers, some kind of radar on us the strays always come finding us lol
    im crying so happy that those dogs are now where they belong in a great home. what nice people!
    ha its true ALL the lost dogs in my town come to my house. ive had about 8 different dogs find their way here. its like they know they will get food, water, a nice bed, play fetch with me, play with Alpha and Layla until their parents can come get them. ive actually had the same little pit come here 4 times to play with alpha the last time when i got the owners on the phone they said "i guess he just likes hanging with your dog" and he ended up hanging here all day while his owners were at work. they were finally able to fix their fence so now he never gets out, so i havent seen him for about 3 months :(
  • ginakiki
    aww i know haley dogs are so smart...i hope those dogs that came 2 you dont go back with that guy. i am going to look for the dog later. i hope i get some kind of lead.
    xo
  • ginakiki
    update : no dog still trying....