Calories counting scales

Options
HI

Has anyone got any scales which count the calories in food?
How do they work and are they accurate?

Replies

• Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale that counts my calories.....didn't know they made those. I do use a scale to weight my food though. I weigh my meat once it's cooked so I make sure I'm getting the proper amount I need for my diet.
  • CuckooGoose
    CuckooGoose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Ayirela
    Nice to hear from you :smile:

No I didnt until an advert jsut popped up on a page I was looking at. I weigh all my food also, thinking about it not sure what the advantage would be as MFP converts the calories for you......
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You can't buy them commercially yet. They are brand new technology that is still being developed and when they first come out believe that they will cost a small fortune. The ad you saw was probably bogus.
  • CuckooGoose
    CuckooGoose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have checked them out and John Lewis are selling them, for £45

Salter Nutri-weigh Slim Electronic Scale
    £45.00

15 year guarantee included
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've seen them too. The thing is I like to really feel that I'm in total control of what gets weighed, and I find weighing and then entering the food weight into my log, and looking at the macro- and micro-nutrients helps me understand the value of what I'm eating. Plus, it's easier to make sure everything is accounted for including condiments and small things which are easy to miss. And that's without the obvious questions about accuracy..