LADIES ONLY: a weird question

Options
I have a SUPER bizarre question. I don't even know if this is the right board for it - sorry if it isn't.

I carry a lot of weight in odd places. But the oddest of places .... is my "pum pum" as my boss likes to call it (she makes fun of me still about it, particularly when I wear tights or yoga pants) I get told I have a "FUPA" or a "fat camel toe"... I have lost plenty of weight, in every other area of my body - but not in the pelvic area.

It sticks out when I wear a skirt, or nice pants... almost looks like I have a bulge! Does anyone else have this issue? How do you even lose weight in that particular area? I almost contemplate getting some lipo there lol. Has anyone noticed this issue in significant weight loss? When did that area seem to shrink? Was it the last to go? Are any of you ladies out there, as insecure about this area as me? Do men even care about that area?

EDIT*** it is NOT a camel toe. I am not talking about the lines of a camel toe like if you were to google cameltoe images. It's a chubbiness in the area where your jean zipper would sit if you were wearing jeans. It's like a bulge, so it gives the effect of having... basically having a bulge as if you were a dude...except I'm a girl. It's just a chubby area there. Think of your bikini bottoms - they sit flat there, mine however, do not, that area is chubby so it puffs out. Or if you wore a fitted dress, everything would lay flat, except that one bump there in the pelvic area.

Replies

• justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is a structural issue. It depends on whether your lady-bits sit forward or more between your legs. The answer is to buy clothing that doesn't call attention to it.

Also, try getting pants that are "tall". They are built for women with deeper pelvises and you can simply hem them up if your legs don't match (a very nice salesperson in Benetton once explained this to me.)

I literally searched the internet high and low to try and figure out what this was actually called and if anyone else experienced. I will take a look into 'tall' pants! (I am tall anyway haha) but unfortunately - yoga pants, tights, dress pants, jeans - they all show a 'bulge' in that area, and the clothes I like are unfortunately all unflattering in that particular region. I had no idea it had much to do with where my lady bits sat! Thank you!
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have this problem - but I don't really wear tight pants so the only one who notices is me.

I have no clue when/if it goes away, I hope so.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about a roll or hanging loose skin?
  • xomuireanneox
    Options
    This is something I am not familiar with, but for my personal sanity, I wear longer tanks and shirts in general to drape down there anyway to avoid inadvertent camel toe. So tunics, blousons, etc...
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Some support garments might work, depending on the pants. Like, control-top pantyhose or spanx underneith.

Also, I sometimes wear seamless "hot pants" under my tights that are designed to not show camel toe. OR, I wear nothing (depending on the pants) so no undergarments are adding to any buldge/camel toe.
  • Reprocess
    Reprocess Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Deleted to quote correct post!
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

Nope. But I forgot to comment about it.
  • Reprocess
    Reprocess Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

I'm not really bothered by it. Female boss, female worker and it simply is the way they talk about stuff and make fun of each others in the office. That's just how it is.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Ok one your boss probably shouldn't be bringing this up and certainly shouldn't be making fun of you for it. Secondly I have this one pair of nice dress pants I adore (pinstripe makes my legs look longer) sadly they cause a similar problem my solution has always been to wear a really thin pad on the days i wear them.
  • justsalad
    Options
    Are you talking about a roll or hanging loose skin?

No, and I'm not even talking about the actual "camel toe" if you look up ... it's like... just chubbiness in the area where your jean zipper would go...and looks almost like you have a jean ****..but I'm a girl lol
  • justsalad
    Options
    Ok one your boss probably shouldn't be bringing this up and certainly shouldn't be making fun of you for it. Secondly I have this one pair of nice dress pants I adore (pinstripe makes my legs look longer) sadly they cause a similar problem my solution has always been to wear a really thin pad on the days i wear them.

it's not a camel toe!
    I don't know how to explain it, it's like a chubbiness where your jean zipper would sit ... my area is just very "cushony" so it looks like a bulge.. like a jean ****, but I'm a girl.
  • justsalad
    Options
    Some support garments might work, depending on the pants. Like, control-top pantyhose or spanx underneith.

Also, I sometimes wear seamless "hot pants" under my tights that are designed to not show camel toe. OR, I wear nothing (depending on the pants) so no undergarments are adding to any buldge/camel toe.

I don't know how to explain it, it's like a chubbiness where your jean zipper would sit ... my area is just very "cushony" so it looks like a bulge.. like a jean ****, but I'm a girl. It's not a camel toe or anything, I guess I worded this wrong.
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I don't think its a big deal about her boss makin fun of her IF they r just playin around. I had a female boss and we made fun of each other all the time in a playful way. if they are friends enough I say its ok.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yes I was thinking the same thing. I don't know that that is an appropriate workplace discussion. I teach and if the male principal mentioned my "pum pum" HR would have a discussion with him.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep. but i'm extremely short waisted (there's 2" between where my rib cage ends and pelvis begins) and that area is pretty much where most of my organs have to be :laugh:

but yes i have been losing inches from there but even when i was at my goal size the area wasnt completely flat. like i said, there are vital organs there so it's gotta fit in somehow
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Yes, bit much isn't it. If that was a male boss it'd be a lawsuit.