30 Day Shred VS. Ripped in 30?

Options
Hello!

Does anyone have some thoughts, results (pix would be awesome :happy: ) or comments/concerns to share on these two Jillian Michaels programs?

I completed 30 day shred and had amazing results! Well, I thought they were at least. :drinker: I just started Ripped in 30 yesterday. Has anyone had good results with Ripped in 30 or a good plan on how you completed the four levels? I am just doing each ten times six days a week until I am done. I did 30 days no rest for 30 day shred, each level for ten days.

30 Day Shred Results
I am female, 5'9

SW: 157 lb.

Beginning Measurements
Waist: 41.75 in.
Hips: 42 in.
Neck: 13.5 in.
Arm: 13.25 in.
Thigh: 24 in.

Total Loss:
Waist: 2 in.
Hips: 1.75 in.
Neck: 0.25 in.
Arm: 0 in.
Thigh: 1 in.

EW: 151 lb.

I would :heart: LOVE :heart: to see others results on these two programs :flowerforyou: :love: :bigsmile: And info on how you completed them!

61979966.png

Replies

• itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I've done RI30 a few times over the past couple of years, but most recently finished my latest cycle at the end of last week.

I don't have any photos, but I DO have measurements!

I lost:
    2.5" from my waist (from 27" to 24.5")
    2.5" from my hips (from 33" to 30.5")
    2" from each thigh (from 22" to 20")
    0.5" from the top of each arm (from 10.5" to 10")

I also lost 7lbs in weight. Considering that I was pretty small to begin with, I was very impressed with my results this time around!

I basically did each level for 10 days, the first 5 days I used lighter weights and then for the second 5 days I used heavier weights and tried to do the advanced versions of all of the exercises. I took one full rest day each week, and did something different on the remaining day just for a bit of variety! I also paid very close attention to my nutrition for the entire time, keeping within my calorie goal and making sure I hit my macros for protein and fat.

It actually took me 52 days in total to complete the programme doing it this way, but it worked well for me.

Hope that helps! :)
  • gemagemb
    gemagemb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I've only just completed week 1, and I haven't seen a difference on the scales, but I have lost nearly 4 inches, and that's just in 1 week. So hoping to lose some more inches and see a difference on the scales soon x

Ps. I am about 136lbs and relatively fit, so just shows everyone can get results.
  • Mimi_klaus
    Options
    Im on week 3 day 3 i like it so far i lost 4 pounds week 1. week 2 none and it was very hard for me im doing now jump rope with it i hope i will see good results
  • paulinhabona
    Options
    I bought Ripped in 30 yesterday! About to start right now... Wish me luck! I'll share the results here later.
  • squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Whoop! So glad to hear some people getting results!

I am now on week two, its taking me some time to really get into RI30. It is so much tougher than 30DS! I really enjoyed 30DS and I am finding myself getting a little frustrated with this new one.

I deffintly recommend 30DS first and RI30 after.

No loss yet but then again I am only on day 3 of level 2.

We will see!

Post results as you get them :happy: I hope I have some great ones to share.

I am currently on track to be done with RI30 on August 22.

GL! :drinker:
  • squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ok it has been a struggle but I am half way through Ripped in 30 and here are my results so far:

Waist: 1 inch lost
    Hips: .75 inch lost
    Thigh: .25 inch lost
    Neck: 0 inch lost
    Arm: .25 inch lost

Two more levels to go!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!
    I've done RI30 before, several others of her DVDs, and right now, I'm on day 6 of 30DS.
    Don't get caught up in measuring so much. It's nice to lose a few inches, but you will also have muscles that are inflated with water for repair after those exercises.
    Also, you will not see results, if you just push through with finishing the program as fast as possible. The calorie burn on those is not significant, and you have to put in the time for your meal plan to work accordingly.
    You are required to take off-days for recovery and muscle repair. And I really mean OFF!!
    The only way you can make the workouts more efficient, is to use heavier dumbbells. The suggestion is, to start with 2x3 lbs. You should be working so hard every time, that you are unable to lift your arms for the rest of the day! And no, I am not kidding....I started on 30DS with 2x10 lbs dumbbells, and I do not modify any exercises. RI30 works the same way.
    Good luck and train safe!