LADIES ONLY: a weird question

Options

Replies

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I do know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same issue. I have no idea how to fix it, only just that I have so much loose belly skin that it hangs over the top anyway. I figured it was a plastic surgeon discussion so I have never brought it up on MFP. If you find a solution - let me know, will ya? :ohwell:
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same issue. I have no idea how to fix it, only just that I have so much loose belly skin that it hangs over the top anyway. I figured it was a plastic surgeon discussion so I have never brought it up on MFP. If you find a solution - let me know, will ya? :ohwell:

I will! I just find myself a little self conscious about it particularly in a bikini or a yoga pant, or a nice fitted dress... everything else lays flat but that one bump! it's annoying!! I thought about lipo in that area if after all is said and done at my UGW it doesn't go away!
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot of "extra" in your lower stomach\pelvic area. Wear spanx. Your boss should mind her own business (not appropriate at all).
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I get exactly what you mean and im so glad you posted this as I have no idea if it well ever go - ive not noticed any difference in it so far though :-(

I tend to wear long length workout vests to try and hide the area

soprry if im not much help but at least I know its not just an issue of mine alone
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

Yes, bit much isn't it. If that was a male boss it'd be a lawsuit.
    The problem as I see it is that because they are both women, the boss gets away with more. We don't know how close these two are, but in general it is wrong on so many levels to make personal remarks. I see it as abuse of power, because the employee is put in a very bad spot, with only negative options to choose from.
  • justsalad
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot of "extra" in your lower stomach\pelvic area. Wear spanx. Your boss should mind her own business (not appropriate at all).

Yes, it's definitely the pelvic area! It's flat above this area and then just puffs out ! I didn't know if spanx would control that. As for all the comments on my boss - she is just joking around, we have a very good relationship and though sometimes it does kind of upset me, I know it's in good fun.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

Actually, it doesn't matter whether the boss is female or male, it's sexual harassment that is clearly affecting her in a negative way (since she's here and is saying she feels embarrassed by it which she shouldn't). Mine isn't completely flat. I dunno, but it doesn't bother me.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

I'm not really bothered by it. Female boss, female worker and it simply is the way they talk about stuff and make fun of each others in the office. That's just how it is.

This coming from a dude.

Wrong. I've had female bosses at all of my jobs except one and, if any of them made a comment about my chubby groin, I'd have a huge problem with that. It's inappropriate for a work relationship. Period. Male or female, it doesn't matter.
  • justsalad
    Options
    I get exactly what you mean and im so glad you posted this as I have no idea if it well ever go - ive not noticed any difference in it so far though :-(

I tend to wear long length workout vests to try and hide the area

soprry if im not much help but at least I know its not just an issue of mine alone

I'm glad other people have this issue (well not glad lol but I mean, I'm glad I'm not alone) and that I'm not the only one wondering about why the pelvic area is chubby!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

I'm not really bothered by it. Female boss, female worker and it simply is the way they talk about stuff and make fun of each others in the office. That's just how it is.

Absolutely not, sir. Something like that is really personal, and the office setting is not the place to discuss it... ESPECIALLY between boss and subordinate. It's very inappropriate, regardless of whether it's between males or females. It's called professionalism.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    FUPA....fat upper pelvic area. Or fat upper p*ssy area, depending on who you ask. It goes away with fat loss. You just have to lose it the same way you'd lose fat anywhere else...a calorie deficit.

ETA: We talk about all kinds of inappropriate stuff at my office, I wouldn't be shocked to hear sometime similar around here. You never know what's going to come out of people's mouth's here...and I like it that way. :devil:
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I similarly have a 'bump' there - (un)fortunately I also have a somewhat bumpy stomach so all attention goes to that haha! I would be interested to know if it does reduce with weight loss. Personally I'm a massive 1950s flared-dress fan so that pretty much sorts all my bump issues out! :laugh:
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Male/female doesn't matter. My workplace is LGBT friendly. You're as likely to face what could be termed harassment from a man as well as a woman regardless of sex. Unwanted comments are just thst--unwanted. One young lady got a sdxual harassment complaint against her from another woman at a place I worked at a while ago.
  • CherryVonBlackheart
    Options
    Cardio is the best way to get rid of belly fat, especially HIIT cardio. You may also want to start targeting your "lower" abs, with leg raises, tabletop crunches, V-ups, V-sits, and make sure that you're doing them correctly (in good form) Also pay more attention to your posture when sitting. This particular protrusion of belly fat is formed from prolonged bouts of sitting. So maybe even take breaks from sitting, if you can, every half hour get up and move about. I too had this issue, but it's finally disappearing!
  • justsalad
    Options
    FUPA....fat upper pelvic area. Or fat upper p*ssy area, depending on who you ask. It goes away with fat loss. You just have to lose it the same way you'd lose fat anywhere else...a calorie deficit.

ETA: We talk about all kinds of inappropriate stuff at my office, I wouldn't be shocked to hear sometime similar around here. You never know what's going to come out of people's mouth's here...and I like it that way. :devil:

Being that I'm 53 lbs down I expected to see it go down with everything else - but it didn't yet?

Also yes - my office talks about everything, and my boss and I are cool so I'm never shocked when I hear anything.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the best way to get rid of belly fat, especially HIIT cardio. You may also want to start targeting your "lower" abs, with leg raises, tabletop crunches, V-ups, V-sits, and make sure that you're doing them correctly (in good form) Also pay more attention to your posture when sitting. This particular protrusion of belly fat is formed from prolonged bouts of sitting. So maybe even take breaks from sitting, if you can, every half hour get up and move about. I too had this issue, but it's finally disappearing!

Yay! Spot reduction!
  • justsalad
    Options
    I similarly have a 'bump' there - (un)fortunately I also have a somewhat bumpy stomach so all attention goes to that haha! I would be interested to know if it does reduce with weight loss. Personally I'm a massive 1950s flared-dress fan so that pretty much sorts all my bump issues out! :laugh:

hahaha aww! I do like those dresses though!
    I have lost 53 lbs, and though the rest of my body is thinning nicely, that area stays chubby!
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I didn't find anything wrong with it. Mainly because I don't know what their relationship is or when she is saying it. The OP didn't say her boss is running around the office yelling "Look at JustSalad's FUPA!" as she points and laughs and gets everyone in the office to laugh and mock her.

Seriously, I get that it's her boss but again you don't know their relationship or what the office environment is like. Everyone is so quick with the "that's sexual harassment! Sue sue suuuuuuueeeeeeee!" it makes my head hurt.
  • ijstarr28
    ijstarr28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The condition is called 'Large Mons Pubis". From what i gathered you have a large pubic pad and potentially your pubic bone is a little forward.

There is nothing you can do about it beyond getting lyposuction. You lose fat all over your body with cardio, and if you're a healty weight then it's not going anywhere without sergical intervention.

If you ever watch professional Gymnastics, those girls have a similar issue.

The pad is there to make sexual intercourse more comfortable.

It has nothing to do with a 'Camel Toe' or the labia.

Your boss should not be making fun of something that is that private.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Being that I'm 53 lbs down I expected to see it go down with everything else - but it didn't yet?

Also yes - my office talks about everything, and my boss and I are cool so I'm never shocked when I hear anything.

People just carry their weight differently. It'll go away eventually, just keep at it.

And disregard the post about cardio and spot reducing. There are no exercises you can do that will burn the fat off of certain area. You can't control where the loss comes from.