3 years on MFP and 114 lbs lost- My Story!

Options
chele1028
chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
Hi!

Today, August 1, marks my 3rd year that I have been on mfp! I thought I would celebrate by posting what I have learned and accomplished in this time.

I am 5'3" and was 40 years old and 237 lbs when I started. Whew! So it is never too late to get healthy and it can be done. My goal was to lose 100 Ibs and I surpassed that and have lost 114 lbs. I sit here at 123 lbs and could not be happier. To think I have lost almost as much as I currently weigh is mind blowing.

I learned that I had to move this body. Eating healthy is great, but I had to move it. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week on average. I did this from the beginning and still do. If I am not in the gym, I will walk and jog outside. I never liked jogging, but now I do and have completed six 5K races in this last year so far. I enjoy Zumba twice a week, Spin class twice a week, Kickboxing twice a week, and am trying to amp up the strength training more.

Here is where I started at:

237 lbs
40 yrs old
Hips: 52 inches
Waist: 42 inches
Bust: 44 inches

Now:
123 lbs
43 yrs old
Hips: 35 inches
Waist: 27 inches
Bust: 34 inches

Thank you to all of my dear friends on here, you are special and have helped motivate me and encourage me and love me no matter what. I am so lucky to have you and will stay on this road to a better me! To everyone else who is just starting out or is in the midst of getting fit, don't let excuses get in your way. Your goals can be achieved if you want it bad enough. Thank you MFP!!! I am so incredibly happy I joined this site and stuck with it! You never know who you will meet either!

Now for the pics. :happy:

30ubmsg.jpg

5xis68.jpg

2qkkrcl.jpg

8zfmom.jpg

Replies

• goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :smile: I love your story!!!!!!!!! You rock! What an inspiration to me. Thank you for always supporting me :flowerforyou:
  • chele1028
    Options
    Thanks love! You are doing so awesome!
  • deb4ala2
    Options
    Great job!
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks Michele for being so awesome!! My life has been happier and better since I "met" you on here. You story is amazing and you are such an inspiration!! I cherish our friendship and hope that one day we can actually meet in person. We have confided in each other, motivated each other, brought smiles and a whole lot more. Congrats on your 3 years. I consider it a real priviledge to be your friend and hope we both are kicking *kitten* 3 years down the road. Love ya hun!!
  • chele1028
    Options
    Thanks Michele for being so awesome!! My life has been happier and better since I "met" you on here. You story is amazing and you are such an inspiration!! I cherish our friendship and hope that one day we can actually meet in person. We have confided in each other, motivated each other, brought smiles and a whole lot more. Congrats on your 3 years. I consider it a real priviledge to be your friend and hope we both are kicking *kitten* 3 years down the road. Love ya hun!!

Aw thank you Larry, right back at ya sweets! Xo
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a transformation! Great job!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation! You look 20 years younger! What an inspiration, thanks for sharing your story!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing, and you've obviously worked hard to do so.

Congratulations on the new look and on all the effort you put into it!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication and work, you look amazing and I am sure will inspire others.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing!! Congrats on your success and thank you for sharing your story!!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job and you look amazing! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I love stories where people lose a dramatic amount of weight!! good job :)
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great work and awesome results. All the best to you.
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!! congrats!!!!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can only wish I get abs like yours when I'm done. You look amazing
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, Miss! You look absolutely amazing! I love to see stories like this.

Well done! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look incredible! Great job sticking with it. That is the part I need to get with the program on...
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an inspirational post!
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!
  • debbieinpa
    Options
    Awesome!! Such an encouraging and motivating story. :-) Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!