LADIES ONLY: a weird question

Options

Replies

• KIZGNARR
    KIZGNARR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Google Pannus removal... this is the area you are talking about I believe??
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this question a couple of years ago. One of the responses was from a girl who was told by a nurse that it doesn't go away, and that's actually how you can tell a woman was at one point overweight. I've seen other people say it does go down, so who knows. Cardio is not the answer. Just continue losing fat with a calorie deficit and see what happens when you get to goal. I did see on one of those weight loss shows where a man had to get surgery to remove excess skin there because it covered his wiener.
  • littleancientheart
    littleancientheart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Side thing - I can't wear most long-line tops because my hips are too wide! They always bunch up. I'm jealous of those of you who can wear them!

I do not have a chubby "pum pum" myself…
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

Why would you be bothered by the way two people, who you don't know, interact with each other? Maybe they have the kind of relationship where neither gets bent out of shape.

It clearly bothers her, or she wouldn't be making a post about it....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Google Pannus removal... this is the area you are talking about I believe??

I don't think that is it. I think she is talking about an area lower......Above her secret garden but below her stomach.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No idea about that area, but your boss is definitely sexually harassing you!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

Why would you be bothered by the way two people, who you don't know, interact with each other? Maybe they have the kind of relationship where neither gets bent out of shape.

It clearly bothers her, or she wouldn't be making a post about it....

Probably why I asked, "Why would you be bothered....".
  • cherrylf
    cherrylf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is called the Mons Pubis - my plastic surgeon said she would include the reduction and lift as part of my tummy tuck.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I hear that some guys are into this. Has it always been like this?

I'm sure you can find at least one guy who is pretty much into anything you can name..lol.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's like any other area of your body. You can't spot reduce but overall fat loss will minimize it. If you ever consider a tummy tuck for any reason ask to have it included in the lipo/tightening (but it will be swollen for a few months afterwards, anyway.)
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That area is called the mons pubis, just so people will stop thinking it's your stomach and/or that you suffer from camel toe.

It's probably because your pubic bone protrudes forward - the only thing I can think of is that it'll eventually shrink with the rest of you and that exercise - the abs especially - should firm and pull the skin so it should flatten out a bit.

Good luck! :)

THANK YOU!
  • justsalad
    Options
    No pics? I even creeped your profile for them. Nothing.

What do you mean??
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I believe its called a front bum
  • justsalad
    Options
    Oddly enough this issue was raised on an episode of Embaracing Bodies. The doctor on there said that it is almost impossible to loose the fat on your "lady parts" and the only way to get rid of it is surgery. If you can find a copy of it it's episode 5, series 7.

Edited to add link for further info: http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/excess-fat-on-pubis/

Thank you!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

What do you mean??

He means he was trying to check out your lady parts in your pictures, but couldn't see what you were talking about.
  • Bwneyegirl
    Options
    bump
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can counter act this with some Thigh Gap.... kind of off setting you know...
  • justsalad
    Options
    THIS : MONS PUBIS, IS WHAT I AM REFERRING TO. I FOUND A PIC ONLINE.

http://www.enhanceyourimage.com/photo-gallery/gallery/view369_before.jpg
  • justsalad
    Options

What do you mean??

He means he was trying to check out your lady parts in your pictures, but couldn't see what you were talking about.

lol because I don't include any pics that would show it? Why would I do that haha.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's commonly called a FUPA. I call it a pooch. We tend to put on abdominal fat, visceral and subcutaneous. You can try ab exercises to help tone the area but they won't get rid of the fat. If you google "how to lose a fupa" you will find lots of links. Don't fall for the stupid ones that tell you to eat certain magic foods. Look for exercises to help tone the area and keep doing your MFP thing to lose the fat. If you want to look better in clothes look into spanx or something similar.