Hi Everyone

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new, my name is Sara, I've got about 50lbs that I'd like to drop...I have a hard time with willpower, I love to cook and eat and combined with a general lack of motivation, that has gotten me to the heaviest I've ever been. Now I've got two beautiful girls and a husband who is in the same position and we're starting to realize that if we don't start reversing this now, our kids are going to pay the price. Hope 2011 brings some changes!

Replies

• imperfectlyhere
    Options
    WELCOME:) i need to lose 60pounds and right there close to you....
  • bdo2309
    Options
    Hi Sara! My name is Brittany. I am a mother of 3 dogs, but no children! :) My niece stays with me on the weekends, but I am positive it is not the same as full time. It is wonderful that you have decided to make changes! I am sure you will do great! Just stick with the program you choose! I am doing P90X (today will be my 3rd day on the program!) I keep telling myself stick with it! I have much more to lose than 50 pounds, but I will be happy when I hit that point! If you need any encouragement feel free to message me anytime, and I am positive I will need it as well! :) I look forward to hearing from you and am excited to hear about your progress!! You will see changes I am sure! 2011 is the year of dreams to me, and I believe as long as you stay committed to whatever your goal is you will succeed!!! Best of luck to you.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Welcome! :)
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Sara!! :D
  • jlay777
    jlay777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am on day 5 and just starting my journey as well. I have over 100 lbs to lose, but we're all here for the same reasons, to get healthy! You can do this! The food diary makes me really think about food before putting it in my mouth. I am like you and love cooking, and was kind of sad to not be able to cook all that yumminess anymore, but There's some GREAT healthy recipes available at foodnetwork.com and cookinglight.com. I'm actually loving all the food I've been eating the last 5 days, and I feel great. I'll send you a friend request! :) Best of luck to you! First and foremost bye bye white flour! Switch all starches to whole grains- it took me a little bit to get used to it but now I prefer whole wheat pasta! Ground turkey is great for tacos and lasagnas, etc.
  • smwagner12
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone that responded. I'm really glad to find such a supportive group, I hope I can offer the same!