Flirting Double Standard

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
If a woman’s man is flirting with another girl, she considers this cheating. Most men know that their girl talks to other guys, and doesn’t consider it cheating. Furthermore, they don’t think that their girl should consider it cheating when they talk to, or flirt with other women.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Then simply refuse to accept the double standard.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Flirtin' is for hussies!!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    B*tches be crazy...

Flirting is not cheating. The girl who thinks otherwise (notice I didn't say woman - this is not a grown azz woman thing to do) is possessive/jealous and/or has self esteem and trust issues. Thank GOD I grew out of that crazy way of thinking.
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You could always take the Ray Rice approach on things... womp womp.

ray-rice-dragging-fiancee-out-of-elevator.gif?w=1000
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If your girl thinks that is cheating then you got the wrong girl. ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In for broad generalizations.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    My guy can't flirt to save his life. I love watching him be completely oblivious when a woman is hitting on him though, that's some funny *kitten*. Of course he then turns right back around and reminds me of all the times I've done the exact same thing. :grumble:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In for broad generalizations.

I make generalizations about broads all the time. Good thing we're friends.

:drinker:

I made a pun and didn't even know it. That's how good I am.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I flirt with everyone. Literally everyone. Old cashier named Maude? Damn right I got her number.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If a woman’s man is flirting with another girl, she considers this cheating. Most men know that their girl talks to other guys, and doesn’t consider it cheating. Furthermore, they don’t think that their girl should consider it cheating when they talk to, or flirt with other women.

Do you look up "sexist points of view" on the internet and copypasta?

My husband and I are both huge flirts. We trust each other to keep it within bounds.

He once introduced me to a pair of Nordstrom makeup counter clerks as "his sister, same last name." I tease him about it to this day.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    August 1, 2014 11:53 AMIf a woman’s man is flirting with another girl, she considers this cheating. Most men know that their girl talks to other guys, and doesn’t consider it cheating.

We went from flirting to talking here?

I don't flirt, I basically treat everyone the same way, male or female. I'm more comfortable talking with those I've known longer, so I do tend to be more animated, but that's about it.

My husband is a jr. high teacher, and works with 90% female staff. He and his former co-teacher jokingly referred themselves as work-wife/work-husband, and when they went back to teaching their own classrooms, they "filed for divorce". No harm in joking around, we're all adults here.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    How you doin'?

I flirt without even knowing sometimes, my wife has even asked me why I was flirting...and I'm like, "really, I was?"

Then there are other times she's told me, "that girl was totally flirting with you," and I'm like, "oh, I didn't know."
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    How you doin'?

I flirt without even knowing sometimes, my wife has even asked me why I was flirting...and I'm like, "really, I was?"

Then there are other times she's told me, "that girl was totally flirting with you," and I'm like, "oh, I didn't know."

That's what I say when ugly girls flirt with me.
  • drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Another **** stirring thread brought to you by TheRoadDog.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    B*tches be crazy...

Like redheads, hairdressers and girls named Tiffany? :laugh: :drinker:
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Flirting is not cheating lol but there is obviously a line you shouldn't cross, but general flirting shouldn't be a big deal. I think most people flirt without even realizing it most times.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    B*tches be crazy...

I still maintain that crazy is a good thing as long as it's directed towards constructive endeavors.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    B*tches be crazy...

I still maintain that crazy is a good thing as long as it's directed towards constructive endeavors.

I'm the good kind of crazy. Not the slashing tires, keying cars and rabbits in a pot kind of crazy. I'll leave those charges to someone else. :)