Alberta woman’s response to body shaming

Options
avlama
avlama Posts: 502 Member
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/01/this-is-an-open-letter-mother-of-five-pens-response-to-group-of-young-people-she-says-shamed-her-over-stretch-marks/

I think this is an empowering message to everyone...male, female, young, or old. We need to learn how to love ourselves. A must read!

Just thought I would share. Have a good day

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i spent last week at the beach with my hamburger meat stomach from losing weight (stretch marks, loose skin). Ppl looked, but you just have to block it out or you wont be able to enjoy life.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I think that kids these days don't know or really understand how they get into this life. They have no idea what their mothers went through, and are completely stupid as well as ignorant in the maters of procreation. (even if they are active in some of the acts)

It just goes to show how ignorant people behave, almost every time.
  • avlama
    Options
    Is difficult for some to just block it out, but you're right, can't let others' opinion dictate how you live.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • avlama
    Options
    They understand, i just think that they don't care much for respect. I'm a mother of two, i been here and felt this before. IT SUXS
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Most excellent! Body shaming happens to men and women, fat and thin, and it's something we as a society and especially those of us who are or have been there should fight against. :)

Whitney Thore: "It may shock you, but I wasn't put on this world for you to find me attractive."
    Whitney Thore: "I think that I am beautiful."
  • avlama
    Options
    Awesome quote
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I ignore people like that and just say "consider the source" -- public education at it's finest!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I think that kids these days don't know or really understand how they get into this life. They have no idea what their mothers went through, and are completely stupid as well as ignorant in the maters of procreation. (even if they are active in some of the acts)

It just goes to show how ignorant people behave, almost every time.

lol no.

bullying/ being a jerk is not new and i gaurantee sex education is lightyears ahead of previous generations