NROLFW and MFP

Options
Hi Everyone!

Im new to MFP community and wanted to know who has done New Rules of Lifting for Women. Is it possible to do it w/ the caloric deficit given by MFP or is it better to do the caloric deficit suggested by the book? Im 5´9", about 200lbs. MFP is recommending about 1650 kcal, NROFLW suggest about 1950kcal. Has anyone done it and had results? My goal is to lose about 35lbs but I wanted to include some strength training for toning.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Im new to MFP community and wanted to know who has done New Rules of Lifting for Women. Is it possible to do it w/ the caloric deficit given by MFP or is it better to do the caloric deficit suggested by the book? Im 5´9", about 200lbs. MFP is recommending about 1650 kcal, NROFLW suggest about 1950kcal. Has anyone done it and had results? My goal is to lose about 35lbs but I wanted to include some strength training for toning.

I am still in stage 1. I had to increase my calories. My dog was looking like a T-bone steak. I was so hungry all the time. I'm 5'2" and eating 1900. Not seeing much loss, but I will be doing measurements again in a few days. I'm more interesting in strength and health than weight loss. That will come with time.

There is also a group on here for NROL4W:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

ETA: some days I am way higher than that though. Up to 2500.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i've done it.

i think it's possible mainly because what i found was that in the stages after stage 2 it's harder to progress with the weights because the moves get more complicated
  • SweatEatLive
    SweatEatLive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'll try with the 1600 at first and move up to the 1900 if I'm hungry. I think 2100 was on workout days but I can imagine eating that much.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    it would be about the same if you eat your MFP exercise cals back.