Under 1200 calories

Options
I know that if I'm under to much it's not good, but if I'm under every once in a while will I be fine? I don't want to eat just to raise my calories, you know?

I'm at about 1000 for the day but I am full

Replies

• shaneweiskircher
    Options
    Are you exercising?
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's okay if you're under now and then as long as it's not an every day thing. If you're full, don't fight it. Listen to your body, try to fit a little more in tomorrow. Same if you're a little over. Don't sweat it too much.
  • marlum2
    marlum2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Be careful you become malnutritioned and get sick. It is important that you change your metabolism. This can be achieved by eating often in small sizes. Start with 2 glasses of water to break your fast, preferably with lemon in them. Have a nutritious breakfast that is heavy on protein but little on starches and carbs. Have a snack 1-1/2 to 2 hours later at mid-morning. Like a yogurt, almonds or fruits. Have acolorful lunch at mid-day and a snack mid-afternoon. Dinner before 7:00pm and water until you go to bed. Hydrate with water. If you don't like it, buy low-calorie powder mixes you can add to it for flavor. I recommend you substitute a meal for a protein shake to decrease calories intake, but again do your research. If you have questions, contact me.
    Good luck!
  • kmurphy798
    Options
    Yes I'm exercising
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As long as you balance the low days with higher days, and are eating regularly even on the low days, you'll be fine.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Be careful you become malnutritioned and get sick. It is important that you change your metabolism. This can be achieved by eating often in small sizes. Start with 2 glasses of water to break your fast, preferably with lemon in them. Have a nutritious breakfast that is heavy on protein but little on starches and carbs. Have a snack 1-1/2 to 2 hours later at mid-morning. Like a yogurt, almonds or fruits. Have acolorful lunch at mid-day and a snack mid-afternoon. Dinner before 7:00pm and water until you go to bed. Hydrate with water. If you don't like it, buy low-calorie powder mixes you can add to it for flavor. I recommend you substitute a meal for a protein shake to decrease calories intake, but again do your research. If you have questions, contact me.
    Good luck!

None of this is necessary. No, you don't want to eat under 1,000 calories every day but I am sure one day won't hurt you.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt if your under every once in a while, for example when I was sick I wasn't hungry so ate very little for two days. But you really should try to go above 1200 for sure. for most, 1200 isn't nearly enough. Especially if yourexercising!! So no, it won't hurt if its only once in a while, but its really not sustainable to eat that little daily. What are your stats? I eat around 1900 calories per day.