What's your favorite late night (healthy) snack??

Options
This is mine!!!

http://losing-weight-living-life.blogspot.com/2014/08/one-day-away-from-rest-day.html?m=1

I'd post a picture here but I can never seem to do that without making it huge... :(

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It depends on your concept of healthy. Either an ounce of regular cheese or 2 ounces of Laughing Cow Light Cheese.
  • Cappa124
    Cappa124 Posts: 131
    Options
    Sounds healthy to me! I was just ruling out things like, you know, a whole bag of Doritos or a carton of ice cream. Lol :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have a planned snack every night. Usually skinny cow bar, or 17 semisweet chunks or 4 tbsp pb2. I used to graze the pantry when I was obese. I am not a sweets person so a sweet snack completely kills my appetite
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll cut up berries or a banana amd dip it in a little whipped cream. I also enjoy an apple with peanut butter or just a little cinnamon sugar.
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered that chunks of slightly over-ripe bananas that have been frozen are really good. They seem to get creamy and not too hard.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli 72% dark chocolate. Pre-wrapped squares. 60 cal. I eat one around 8-8:30 most every evening, after my house calms a bit (I have 4 kids, lol)
  • Cappa124
    Options
    Ohhh these all sound sooo awesome!! Ill def be trying some of these :)
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yogurt raisins are my favorite "go to" sweet snack food - day or night.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli 72% dark chocolate. Pre-wrapped squares. 60 cal. I eat one around 8-8:30 most every evening, after my house calms a bit (I have 4 kids, lol)

A woman after my own heart! :drinker: I almost always have a piece of chocolate as my last snack of the night. I've also recently discovered that higher quality chocolate is more satisfying in small amounts than "cheap" chocolate. I never thought I'd be a person who would think one piece of chocolate was enough, but now it really is! :smile:
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Blend a couple frozen bananas with cinnamon and honey. Banana ice cream!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options

A woman after my own heart! :drinker: I almost always have a piece of chocolate as my last snack of the night. I've also recently discovered that higher quality chocolate is more satisfying in small amounts than "cheap" chocolate. I never thought I'd be a person who would think one piece of chocolate was enough, but now it really is! :smile:

Absolutely! I freeze the chocolate, break it up into 4 bits, then savor it over 15-20 min. Mental-health break! :wink:
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    For a late night snack I'll usually go for grapes or almonds, but if I'm feeling really hungry (even when I shouldn't be) I'll make a cup of steamed broccoli. Fills me right up without tons of fat and whatnot.
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    okay, I have a few--there is a 100 calorie microwave popcorn that I like, or a small piece of dark chocolate or ten rainier cherries (those are the yellow ones--so delish right now) or…and this is not quite so healthy…Trader Joe's makes these cookies that are super thin and crispy-they come in coconut, ginger or meyer lemon and they are like 9 for 130 calories so if I have four it feels like cheating and it's not that many calories. I also just found the coconut milk ice cream that is 1/2 cup for 160 calories. I am a HUGE sweets girl so that has been the hardest part of this. I love to bake and I used to think nothing of sitting down to like 5 homemade cookies every night. Not necessary. The thing I miss most is croissants--they are my biggest weakness but WAY too many calories. I am much more able to control myself with not-sweet snacks. I can measure out the amount and be satisfied. Cookies, pastries, pie--I love it all. And it shows on my thighs...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My day usually ends with either ice cream, cake, beer, yogurt or a protein shake. Since my diet overall is healthy, all the foods in it are healthy by default.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Cake and ice cream
  • kmurphy798
    Options
    A piece of wheat toast and peanut butter. 175 cams, so I only eat it when I'm really low
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bar or Greek no fat yoghurt with some fruit.
    Stef.
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup of Dreyers Sugar Free Low fat vanilla icecream floating in AW diet rootbeer. Yummy, not too unhealthy. I allow for the 200 calories in my daily food allowance.
  • Cappa124
    Options
    Awesome snacks guys! Loving all if it, I'll definitely be stealing a few of these ideas- especially those with chocolate!!! ;)