Wow.....this place.....

Options
is more addicting that facebook! AND....without the virtual farms!

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LOL OMG that's how I describe it too!!! And I feel supported by the people here.... not constantly worried about being judged!!!!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    What is facebook? :laugh:

I must agree with you on this...actually thinking about closing out my facebook
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    LOL! Well, I don't think I'll close my facebook..I've really enjoyed reconnecting over there. But I do spend a bit less time there now :)
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    I know, my facebook account is looking decidedly neglected .... :-(((
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me too! I love this site, and actually am excted to get on and see what everyone is up to!!!! While I won't delete my facebook, it has its advantages. But I spend more time here than anywhere online
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I too am thinking about closing my Facebook account. After watching Social Network and thinking about how much info I put out there (which is nothing compared to other), I am not sure I want it out there. I recently made some changes to my account and for now I am ok with keeping it.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't do much on FB anymore. I am addicted to this site.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This site is so supportive. I glance at FB, but love reading the posts on this site. Keeps me motivated.
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I know.. I hate those stupid farm requests! Don't adults have anything better to do? This is the first site I check in the morning:) all of the posts are so encouraging:) Gets my day off to a great start!
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    I must agree, In the morning and afternoon I am on this website. I have more in common with yall!!!! LOL
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah I must admit that Facebook is on the back burner. All I do is post when the Steelers win a game :bigsmile:
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Haha yeah my Facebook is being neglected too atm but then no-one on there really knows/cares that this is so important to me. Where else can I have random conversations about splurging on chicken nuggets anyway?! :wink:
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah my Facebook is being neglected too atm but then no-one on there really knows/cares that this is so important to me. Where else can I have random conversations about splurging on chicken nuggets anyway?! :wink:

BA HA HA!!!! ad then they weren' very good.... ahhh good convos!
  • maclovin
    maclovin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I am on here all the time, or I am on the mobile application. I've lost 8.5LBS since starting 15 days ok. All of it is do to watching what I am eating.

Feeling really good, still need to lose another 25LBS though!

Good luck!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The community here is great. I deactivated my Facebook months ago. Don't miss it in the least.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My husband is on Facebook to stay in touch
    with other family members. I don't do FB but
    have been on this site since July 2010. I love
    to hear what other people are doing with their
    weight loss challenges and I take away some
    good receipes too. :wink:
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know.. I hate those stupid farm requests! Don't adults have anything better to do? This is the first site I check in the morning:) all of the posts are so encouraging:) Gets my day off to a great start!

You can easily get rid of those requests on Facebook. Roll the mouse over the right hand side of the post, an x will appear. Click on the x and you will get a request to either hide all posts by that person or hide all posts by Farmville. If you hide Farmville you will never see it again!!! I do this with all the different games people play and never ever see any of them now. ;-)
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options

You can easily get rid of those requests on Facebook. Roll the mouse over the right hand side of the post, an x will appear. Click on the x and you will get a request to either hide all posts by that person or hide all posts by Farmville. If you hide Farmville you will never see it again!!! I do this with all the different games people play and never ever seen any of them for at least a year now. ;-)
  • Wife19
    Wife19 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am addicted!! I have been on this thing since April (before my wedding) I only used it on my phone and never got on through my computer. But this morning I decided to look at all the message boards and read post....I have never been more inspired and excited and committed to losing weight! i want to thank EVERYONE for all the support (even if you didnt know)

I would love to talk to more people and have an accontability partner!!
    Thank you
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've become addicted to MFP too!!! And I now find myself spending much less time on FB.