think i'm overdoing it? ;-)

Options
i was REALLY in the mood for something a little salty, but it wasn't time for me to eat...

i just weighed and logged 1 potato chip :D

(in case you're wondering, it weighed under .1 of an ounce, and it was delish!)

Replies

• combatbunny
    combatbunny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    silly! :)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Managed to establish the split in weight between the crisp and the salt?
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    :happy: excellent logging!!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you like salty snacks, I HIGHLY recommend making kale chips. An entire bowl is like 20 calories.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have in the passed logged in 1 strawberry at one point and 1/9 of a banana.. but just because i was doing lowcarb and wanted to make sure i was on target.. after i realized it was silly.. but whatever.. lol!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if you are weighing it least you could do it use grams...:happy:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Thus proving that you can eat just one, and throwing potato chip stock speculators into a selling frenzy. Thanks. If world stock markets crash today, I'm blaming you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yay for moderation.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I actually brought an old coin scale home so I could be super accurate to the hundredth of a gram on some items. I used it exactly once
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I would do that, too, for a "junk" food. In the past, I've logged two french fries, a single spoon of ice cream, and 4 grams of peanut butter (licked the knife after making son a sandwich).

However, I don't log if, for example, I eat one or two slices of cucumber or a baby carrot. Nor do I log any meds or vitamins (which total about 20-30 cals a day--some are "chewables" or liquids/oil based).

I guess my point is that I *want* to see how "treats" add up and that I can be satisfied with a tiny bit of those things if I'm out of calories. Meh, I probably didn't have to, I just did it, and it didn't bother me either way. Sometimes it's more about the accounting itself than the actually calorie content.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i log everything because i want logging to be a habit. it's gotten me this far, and i'm very happy with the results :)

i logged in ounces because i don't have calorie info for strawberries in grams. my scale does ounces and grams down to 1/10th of a gram.

kale chips sound yummy, but part of my lifestyle change is that i'm trying to avoid munching (which i love to do) as the habit is what got me to 242 pounds at my heaviest. maybe someday i can sit back with a bowl of something light and crunchy without having to white knuckle it for a day afterward because i crave almost painfully more munching.