Fishing

13»

Replies

• FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    I enjoy fishing. Bf just purchased a nice little rowboat that we will now use to get to those hard to reach places on the lake.

I do eat what I catch, or I just have fun cutting the little fish into fillets and feeding them to the cat. It really depends on what is caught.

Sounds like your BF is well trained. I would love living in a place that I could go after bluegills with the kids.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member

Sounds like your BF is well trained. I would love living in a place that I could go after bluegills with the kids.

We have a place not too far from us that is stocked full of them. It's great for a day where you just want to get out and do something that the kid will enjoy. Though last time he ended up tossing all of our bait (little bits of cheese) in the water.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Bass. I love bass fishing. I haven't been in far too long, but I love to eat'em too.

Bass nuggets dipped in egg and sliced bread crumbs, deep fried and served hot.

I'll make you chew your fingers off.
  • FlashMorehouse
    Bass. I love bass fishing. I haven't been in far too long, but I love to eat'em too.

Ha. just an fyi, Bass are not delicious (much less fingure food). :bigsmile:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member

Ha. just an fyi, Bass are not delicious (much less fingure food). :bigsmile:

You're nucking futs...bass are awesome. Largemouth get a little fishy after 4 lbs or so if they're grilled.

"Bass don't taste good" is something drummed up by catch and release only anglers with no clue about lake/pond management. One of the best things you can do in an over/under slot lake is keep the unders (which too few people do).

I like catching fish on bass casting gear or ultralight spinning tackle. I'm best at black bass fishing, so this is what I do most often, but I fish for largemouth bass, spotted bass, guadalupe bass, smallmouth bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish, white bass, hybrid striped bass, striped bass, yellow bass, rainbow trout, or various sunfishes.
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Yes! Alaskan summers are the fisherman's dream!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Bump...because it is Saturday and I am going fishing
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    I'll fish for anything and be happy. Muskie fishing is a hoot. I'm mostly catch and release except for walleyes and crappies. I'll keep an occasional trout when I can get one.
  • HappyPoet
    HappyPoet Posts: 24
    I am not a hardass.
    I am not a badass.
    I am not a lardass.

I love fly fishing more than any other type of angling. However, I also totally dig the challenge of using an ultralight. I love to catch and release because I really don't care for fresh water fish. I am a badass chef, but if I want a good cut of fish, I will go to the market.

I will fish for all types of species both fresh and saltwater. It is sanctuary for me and I leave my smartphone in the truck. I think I'll go this afternoon late (Saturday). It's terrestrial season here and all species are on top. Groovy.

"If fishing is a religion, fly fishing is high church." ~~ Tom Brokaw
  • HappyPoet
    HappyPoet Posts: 24
    Look at all you master baiters!

My friend Stu Pidasso has often said this. Are you related? Old and tired attempt at humor.

Real fisher persons don't use bait, notably if that are an Angling Master.
  • FlashMorehouse
    I am not a hardass.
    I am not a badass.
    I am not a lardass.

I love fly fishing more than any other type of angling. However, I also totally dig the challenge of using an ultralight. I love to catch and release because I really don't care for fresh water fish. I am a badass chef, but if I want a good cut of fish, I will go to the market.

I will fish for all types of species both fresh and saltwater. It is sanctuary for me and I leave my smartphone in the truck. I think I'll go this afternoon late (Saturday). It's terrestrial season here and all species are on top. Groovy.

"If fishing is a religion, fly fishing is high church." ~~ Tom Brokaw

Awesome!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    I like it alawt.

Fly Fishing, mainly trout. :bigsmile:
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    I went on the Chipola River Tuesday afternoon. I had planned on bringing bread and cheese for bait {and for snacking}, but I left them on the counter. I did have a few cucumbers, so I tried a bit of that. Caught a nice red breast bream on the first cast. Later on I tried top water plugs, plastic worms and spinning lures, hoping for a bass. Didn't do as good with them. But a day on the river is good even if the fish aren't biting.

Larro

10513484_785149174863541_7451933030165136880_n.jpg
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    I like to fish, I go alot.

Look through My pictures.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    I love fishing. The only fish I have ever caught is a northern and I enjoyed it because hey, I caught a fish. We always throw them back because, again, it's a northern. :smile:
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    I give them a little kiss before I send them back. There is not enough room in my kayak for more than that . . . I mean to keep and eat later. Where did your mind go? :noway:
  • FlashMorehouse

10513484_785149174863541_7451933030165136880_n.jpg

Love this photo and agree would rather be fishing and not catching than not fishing at all.

I just did a search for fishing groups on mfp and found:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4683-i-d-rather-be-fishing

It is appears to be un-used so to speak and looks like we could use it to our hearts content if we wanted to. I am going to join it and will see if you all follow.

Flash