Spaghetti Squash Carbonara (256 calories)

Options
2»

Replies

• entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I cook spaghetti squash in the microwave though...I've never done the oven. Do you get a different flavor profile if you nuke versus baking?
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I cook spaghetti squash in the microwave though...I've never done the oven. Do you get a different flavor profile if you nuke versus baking?

IDK - I've never cooked it in the microwave, but I'm going to say, "probably." :) I usually prefer things cooked in the oven to those cooked in the microwave.

Here's a tip I got from Martha Stewart. You don't need to cut the spaghetti squash in half before you cook it. (It's really HARD - so hard that I've had the produce guy at the grocery store cut it in half for me so I don't have to do it.) All you need to do is stab it a few times with a sharp knife, and put it on a lined baking tray. Bake at 350°F for one hour. Then it's easy to cut in half, remove the pulp and remove the seeds. HTH.
  • sandiegocali1
    sandiegocali1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

IDK - I've never cooked it in the microwave, but I'm going to say, "probably." :) I usually prefer things cooked in the oven to those cooked in the microwave.

Here's a tip I got from Martha Stewart. You don't need to cut the spaghetti squash in half before you cook it. (It's really HARD - so hard that I've had the produce guy at the grocery store cut it in half for me so I don't have to do it.) All you need to do is stab it a few times with a sharp knife, and put it on a lined baking tray. Bake at 350°F for one hour. Then it's easy to cut in half, remove the pulp and remove the seeds. HTH.

Thanks for the tip!
  • naturesfempower
    naturesfempower Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    tasty
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
  • rorae
    rorae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash...bumping for later !! Thanks for sharing.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Looks amazing! Love spaghetti squash!!!
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump to try
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I made this last night with zucchini 'noodles'...soo freekin' good :huh: No leftovers [sad trombone noise] :frown:

Going to make it with spaghetti squash tonight!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have never tried spaghetti squash ...I might just have to try this recipe. Thks