leslie sansone walk at home dvds

Options
ive seen a lot of posts on mfp about these dvds but was wondering what do i log it as? cardio or just walking? im reading this as i type and realise its a stupid question but what does everybody else log it as on here?

Replies

• LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've always logged Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith walking workouts as low impact aerobics.
  • LinziT123
    LinziT123 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thank you!! xx:happy:
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i created my own workout for it! i used a heart rate monitor to see how much I'd burn with each mile. at 5'9 235lbs i burn around 150 cals per mile
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use a (Runtastic) pedometer phone app and just sync that to MFP when I'm done.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I use a (Runtastic) pedometer phone app and just sync that to MFP when I'm done.

and what does it usually log it as?
  • LinziT123
    Options
    thanks for the replies, im hoping that this will at least give me a kickstart, thinking of setting myself a weekly milage target, here goes nothin!!!
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    thanks for the replies, im hoping that this will at least give me a kickstart, thinking of setting myself a weekly milage target, here goes nothin!!!

leslie sansone + logging my food with MFP helped me to lose 50 pounds :) i fell off the wagon but I'm back on now. her dvds are a GREAT way to start working out if you've never exercised regularly before. nowadays i usually do 2-3 miles (i used to do 4 daily! it was crazy haha)
  • LinziT123
    Options
    really?? thats crazy! how long did it take you to do that?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I log her workouts as general aerobics because I run (in place) through most of them. If the workout includes weights, I add on a few minutes of strength training as well. Love Leslie Sansone!!
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    although i've been overweight my whole life i did participate in soccer for a good 10 years so i had that advantage when i began seriously working out on a regular basis. i started doing 2 miles every couple days and just gradually added on. 2-3 months in i was able to handle 3 or 4 miles 5-6 days a week
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I excercise with Leslie's 3 mile walk with weights and I log it as 45 minutes of walking 3.5. I have lost 43 pounds and 5 1/2 inches off my waist using the DVD and occasionally walking outside.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You're going to love the dvd. I lost 33 pounds between MFP and Leslie Sansone. That was about 2 years ago, and health issues caused me to stop, so I gained it back. :angry: I was up to 5 miles, too, darn it! :grumble: As soon as I get my arthritis under control, I plan to start back up with her series.
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love all her series. I have been doing them for about 2-3 weeks now have lost an inch already. I know it doesnt seem like much but i wasnt losing anything for a long time. So gives me hope!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

There's a Leslie walking challenge here every month. Look for August 2014

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

I've used a heart rate monitor and logged as low impact aerobics....the numbers are pretty close for me. I rotate between cardio and strength workouts....trying to keep lean muscle.
  • wimpywrx
    wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Before buying the DVD check out youtube, there are a number of her 2,3 and 4 mile walks on there and they are free.