Morning Workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I just switched to mornings 3 weeks ago and I'm so happy I did! I will admit that I'm a little tired on those days, but I'm so used to working out at night and going to bed soon after I work out so I think I'm still adjusting. I try to have the lights out by 10:30pm to wake up at 5:45am so that's a good 7 hours or so. It's so nice to come home and just relax, and I'm also not thinking about the fact that I have to work out all day long. Give it a shot!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    In previous experiences my workouts suffered when I tried to do them prior to work. I am not a morning person. Luckily, I have the time to work it in elsewhere, otherwise I'm not sure what I'd do.
  • TMattP
    TMattP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Really struggled with morning rides or runs. Just felt like I had no energy.

I've persevered tho and now they aren't too bad.

Just be prepared to take a hit when you first start.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    As far as being tired goes, you may or may not have any problem with it. I'm one of those elusive, mythical creatures people call a "morning person," so honestly a workout as soon as I wake up feels delightful, even before first coffee. I say just try it and see how it feels.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input! I was told by a PT that cardio in the morning before having a big meal is meant to be very good in helping to lose fat, guess that must be the whole shocking the body thing and speeding metabolism. What is really helping me decidw is the fact that the gym just 10 mins walk tops and so could just have shower there take quick shake and go straight to work to have proper breakfast.

I don't want tp take coffee or any energy drinks to keep me going through the last part of the day i.e. 4pm - 5pm. Any suggestions to keep energy up incase i start feeling sluggish?? Thanks!!
    try to eat an apple around 3 or so. its proven that it helps way more for energy than caffeine even! dont ask me where to find the proof!