Left for vacation with a 6 pack & came back w/ a food baby!

Options
Ok so I overindulged WAY too much on my week vacation and was in maintenance mode about a month before I left. How long do you think it'll take to get rid of this baby of mine?! Btw I didn't lose weight for this trip. I'm also posting this for motivation to get back on my usual diet and exercise routine! Thanks all.

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would say a week of going back to your normal routine.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Ok so I overindulged WAY too much on my week vacation and was in maintenance mode about a month before I left. How long do you think it'll take to get rid of this baby of mine?! Btw I didn't lose weight for this trip. I'm also posting this for motivation to get back on my usual diet and exercise routine! Thanks all.

Not sure, but I gained 6 glorious pounds in a week. Would you like to challenge each other and see who 'loses their food baby' first?
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Alot of it is water. I'd give it two weeks of eating at a deficit and it will probably all be gone.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 on vacation. It was gone within 10 days.
    As PP said, it's mostly water weight from all the ****ty food you ate :)

No worries!
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    One week is very short to gain a considerable amount of weight. Go back to maintenance and weight yourself in a week or two. When I go overboard I gain some but then a week after I end up losing more than I thought I had gained.

If you have self control is seems to me that taking a week or a few days off the low calorie now and then is good for your body - personal experience.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Ireland next month and will be there two weeks. We'll see what happens. I know I won't be able to eat the calories I do now because I for those two weeks I won't be weight lifting or running (though I guess I can go for some runs in Ireland if I want to). We'll see.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Alot of it is water. I'd give it two weeks of eating at a deficit and it will probably all be gone.

I agree with this. I returned from holiday last Saturday afternoon (8 days ago)

- On the Sunday after (return +1 day), I was 5+ lbs over my pre-departure weight
    - On the Monday after (return +2 days), I was down to 1.5 lbs over my pre-departure weight
    - A week later on the Saturday (return + 7 days), I was 2 lbs *below* my departure weight, after a week of eating normally again (I'm not in maintenance, yet, but will be after I hit my goal weight in 6 lbs).

So, I expect you'll work yours off in less than two weeks as well. Good luck!
  • Srendon1111
    Srendon1111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation last Friday and weighed 96. Came back Wednesday and weighed 103. I've been back in my routine 4 days and I went down to 100. Hopefully within this next week I'll go back down to 98 lbs. I definitely wanted to gain a couple of lbs since 96 was too little according to everyone since I'm 5'1. So I'm gonna try to maintain 98-100 lbs.

But yes it's mostly water weight and just go back to normal and your body will adjust. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I went on a four day cruise weighing 176. I came back at 183. Four days later, I'm at 182.4. The post-vacation water retention drop back down is not happening so far. But I won't worry until next week. I know I didn't eat enough excess calories to have actually gained more than 2-3 pounds, not 6-7.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Went to Jamaica for five days (only three full days!) and came back 6-7 pounds heavier.

I know it was mostly water weight but it still took about two weeks to come off. No worries, my clothes still fit. ;-)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    So happy to read your posts, you have all given me a boost. I have been on vacation for two weeks with different food and unable to lift. I don't know how much I have gained and my 6 pack is now wobbly :(. I have been watching my food and have been swimming lots every day but I was expecting to be set back about 6 weeks. I don't feel quite so depressed about it now. Thanks.