do i have to exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No, the only thing you absolutely have to do is die some day. Everything else is optional and depending on your goals...

I know I shouldn't but I do find this funny - and true! We can have joy and philsophical enlightment at the same time, yes? :D
  • deandp371
    Options
    If you can find physical activity that you can enjoy, then it's not "exercise"! It could be as simple as walking, riding a bike, dancing. It will help keep weight off and actually helps general health and even your mood. You can have fun trying new activities and see if you can find one that fits!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    You should exercise everyday. It makes you feel good, helps speed up your metabolism, and it's good for your heart.
  • karenjones112
    Options
    i exercise to help my mood and it defo works and makes u feel better plus keeps you from gettin bored around the house which leads me to the fridge!! half hour walk is better than nothing x good luck!
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Moving helps your metabolism get going also. Helps to burn the fat off. I am NOT a motivated excersize person at ALL. But I am managing to do toe touches. Leg lifts. Arm circles. Walking in place. I even do a jumping jack or 10 once in a while.

These are all things that do not require going to a gym. I have a facebook friend that lost over - yes OVER 400 pounds. No that's not a typo - that's Four HUNDRED pounds. He was in a wheel chair and couldn't do much - but he COULD lift a can of soup. He COULD lift his feet up and hold and then let them down. . . he started out slow but in ONE YEAR's time, each extra MOVEMENT he made - helped make him stronger for the next Movement! He is out of the wheelchair. Off of about 20 medications and teaching a healthier lifestyle to others.

Wayne VandenLangenBerg is a TRUE inspiration for all of us. Look him up on facebook!

GOD be with you on this journey - you CAN do so much MORE than you think you can! :flowerforyou:
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    I personally don't like the word exercise because it feels like something I have to do and that makes it a chore which I avoid and loathe. The body is meant to be active though. What do you like to do? I love tennis and I play for that reason. I don't like walking per se, but I do like to TALK so I sometimes schedules walks with friends, which make them fun for me.

I am of the belief that anything that you HATE to do, you are not going to do for long, even if you know you SHOULD do it for all those reasons people have mentioned in this thread. Find something that you love.
  • mutleyreid
    Options
    If you don't want to starve. I just put in my breakfast and dinner and I have about 150 calories left for lunch and snacks. Never going to happen. However, after I exercise, I will have about 650 calories left. I prefer to exercise rather than be hungry.

True. I find that the thought of being able to have that little bit extra to eat is all the motivation I need to get me on my exercise bike and burn them calories. Plus you feel so much better once you get active!