Help, not getting enough carbs

Options
Hello, does anyway know of any foods that are good with carbs but won't kill me in the fat area? I am doing pretty good with everything else just not getting enough carbs.

Thank you,

Jen

Replies

• jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Options
    Any fruits or vegetables are great- they are mostly carbs, but healthy ones.
    The carb percentage on this site is really high. You can change your carb/fat/protein percentages (add more protein than fat though), and still be eating a healthy diet.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Hello, does anyway know of any foods that are good with carbs but won't kill me in the fat area? I am doing pretty good with everything else just not getting enough carbs.

Thank you,

Jen

Try fruits, whole wheat breads/tortillas, granola, certain cereals, crackers, whole wheat pastas.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There are tons of healthy bread options out there now. Have a piece of yummy toast for breakfast topped with Laughing Cow cheese.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE:

whole grains like brown rice, barley, quinoa, and whole wheat.

beans and legumes like lentils, chick peas, split peas, kidney beans.

vegetables like potatoes, corn, carrots, sweet potatoes.
  • jbuchwalter28
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will definitely try what everyone has suggested. Hopefully I can get more carbs in my body. I am sure that would help with all the exercising I have been doing. : )

Thank you,

Jen