Guessing Calories: what to put?

Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions on what to put when you have no idea how may calories are in something?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    In those circumstances you can try to find something similar in the database or try to break it down by ingredients and find those in the database.

If it was a restaurant meal, you may be able to find the nutrition information online.
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    What are you guessing on? I generally try to find something similar - for example, I drink a lot of local microbrews that aren't on here, so I just look for beers in a similar style and either average the results or if one of the beers listed is one I've had before and I know they're pretty similar, I'll just choose that.

That being said: I'm comfortable with my weight loss journey possibly being a little slower than it would be if I was exact in my logging all the time. I try log very carefully aside from my cheat meals/days and beer. And I shoot for being under my daily target in my logging because I know I'm not fully accurate. If you're just guessing, you'll probably be a little off, and depending on your deficit you may wind up eating at maintenance or even eating over maintenance.
  • starswarm5
    starswarm5 Posts: 3 Member
    Currently, I am trying to figure out the calories in the Coffee Culture Chicken Caesar Wrap. Its not listed on the website. I also have a potluck coming up and depending what is brought I might not know all the ingredients.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Currently, I am trying to figure out the calories in the Coffee Culture Chicken Caesar Wrap. Its not listed on the website. I also have a potluck coming up and depending what is brought I might not know all the ingredients.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/coffee-culture-chipotle-chicken-caesar-wrap-105151868

Also, Coffee Culture DOES list nutrition info on their website: http://www.coffeeculturecafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Nutritional-Info-Color.pdf

The sandwich is 670 calories.
  • starswarm5
    starswarm5 Posts: 3 Member
    I know they list nutrition on their website. Mine just isn't among it. I didn't have the chipotle Chicken Caesar Wrap, just the Chicken Caesar wrap. They are different items on the menu, at least at the one I went too.