Here's my dessert today (Picture) - What's yours?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm eating the hell out of this right now.

smores_zps04f0608f.jpg

:frown:

I want one.

I did have S'mores ice cream, but it's not the same.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have dessert every day. Today (and most days) I'm having ice cream.

Curious, what's unhealthy about rice krispies treats?

What's weird is that the OP's version seems like it's going to have 50% more calories and take twice the time to make as the "unhealthy" version

Yeah..I think I'll stick with the "unhealthy" version. :laugh:

I would also recommend my nutella version. If you feel like changing it up.

Because nutella.

Or mars bar version. Melt a couple of Mars bars, add rice crispies. Sorted
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

What's weird is that the OP's version seems like it's going to have 50% more calories and take twice the time to make as the "unhealthy" version

I think some people didn't have their dessert today...so snarky! LOL You better have your mommy make you some rice krispie treats a.s.a.p.!!...oh my
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I think some people didn't have their dessert today...so snarky! LOL You better have your mommy make you some rice krispie treats a.s.a.p.!!...oh my

I'm not sure that mentioning that something has more calories than the version its meant to replace is snarky or so childish that you would suggest that someone must have their mother cook for them. Calories are, after all, something of great concern to many here and being aware of them is one of the keys to success no matter the goal.

I'd have to question your usage of the word.

Tho, for the record, your response was pretty snarky. But you know. Actually snarky, not some weird definition of snark.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for the recipe :happy: the only thing is OH doesn't eat sweet stuff, which means I would have to eat them all :tongue:

I'm having jelly with strawberries with ice cream later :smile:

Oh and I must make some smores, we don't have graham crackers here in the UK, so digestive biscuits will have to suffice xx
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Heres my ..... well its not dessert. I just ate this for breakfast.

ben_jerrys_greek_blueberry_vanilla_graham_frozen_yogurt.jpg

Not sure what ill have for dessert

ETA: Ate the whole thing, not just a few bites. YUM. Im glad they come in pints otherwise id still be eating MOAR
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

*that* was me being snarky?

YOU COULDN'T HANDLE MY SNARKY

few-good-men-jack-nicholson_786_poster.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Okay, your response seems snarkier than Davpul's.

And you didn't answer my question-- what's unhealthy about the original?
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm having watermelon. Not just a demure single cup of watermelon but a gluttonous entire quarter of a watermelon... 400 calories of watermelon.. I'm going to eat it until my belly hurts. Been planning it since yesterday. I have it cut up and all seeds removed and it's chilling nicely in the fridge.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    I don't have a picture but I ate 3 slices of chocolate iced cake for lunch...:blushing: which I suppose is considered my lunch and my dessert...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Its-a-Snap_Cheesecake.jpg
    snickers.jpg
    ice-cream-sunday_300.jpg

And I'm just getting started.
  • SharDon53
    SharDon53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Peach bars
  • SharDon53
    Options
    I must find these
    10446498_10152488900933632_4188008737424032107_n.jpg?oh=2fbece0339345399e671da10fe94a61f&oe=54574C81&__gda__=1414184599_c40b63baaa70958996e2053c1e5ef281

I had one of these last night. <.< Pretty good.

I just these tonight. I'll have something else tomorrow after the gym.
    Dole-Banana-Dippers.jpg

One of these things is not like the other...
  • SharDon53
    Options
    Funny
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Twice? It only takes like 6 minutes to make rice krispy treats. (Or did you mean double?)

And only 3 ingredients: butter, rice krispies, marshmallows.

And they're best when they're still warm and gooey.

And the store bought ones suck in comparison.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I had this earlier today.

be49e8c0dcb31f46_m.jpg

It's a Twix ice cream bar.
    It must have been very melty. Why did you wait almost 4 years to eat it after you took the picture?

Also, twix don't have peanuts on them, that looks like a snickers ice cream bar, which are also yummy, especially if you eat them right away instead of waiting 4 years.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make Grape-Nut flavored ice cream today. No pic yet!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I think the OP calling them "Healthier" is due to the fact that they are more natural and have more nutritional value, not necessarily lower calories. They are made with whole grains, brown rice syrup is a low glycemic index natural sweetener, honey is natural... though still very high GI with only enough vitamins to sustain a bee, dark chocolate is used... Marshmallows are left out, most marshmallows have corn syrup made with GM corn, and gelatin made with animal bones (which a vegetarian or vegan won't eat).

So I guess it depends on your goals, if you are looking solely to lose weight, then calories are your only focus and these are not going to be a better choice for you than the original, if you are a "clean eating" person than these are more in line with your goals, though still not as good a choice as a fruit salad.

Right now, I personally need to focus more on calories than anything else, but I do try to make "clean" choices within my calorie limit as much as possible... I'm not a huge fan of rice krispies treats either way, so for my desert I had cantaloupe with yogurt.