Best movie you thought was actually WORTH spending to see

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
in theaters----

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and holy ****, you need to go see it right now. Its a lot to say a movie was actually WORTH the money spent to see in theaters and omg it definitely was. Perfect amount of action and comedy all the way through, also now I have a new fav actor, Chris Pratt <33

It's been a long time since I feel I've been able to genuinely say that but I'm so glad I paid to see it in theaters than waiting for the DVD. What movies to you did you think it was worth seeing on the big screen?

Replies

• Behxo
    Options
    Oh and The Avengers but that's also kind of expected hah
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    When Love Actually came out back in 2003 I went to the "preview" showing in early November and it was such an unexpectedly fantastic movie, I was expecting a cheesier typical rom com and not *that* - really love that movie, and seeing it in theaters was great and got me in such a holiday spirit that year!
  • Behxo
    Options
    When Love Actually came out back in 2003 I went to the "preview" showing in early November and it was such an unexpectedly fantastic movie, I was expecting a cheesier typical rom com and not *that* - really love that movie, and seeing it in theaters was great and got me in such a holiday spirit that year!

I heard a lot about the movie and still haven't seen it yet, I'll have to check it out
  • seltzermint555
    Options

I heard a lot about the movie and still haven't seen it yet, I'll have to check it out

It's really great and I am kind of picky about that type of movie, I usually make fun of them :-)
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Avatar was one of those movies that was a must see in the theaters, but pretty 'meh' otherwise.
  • Behxo
    Options
    Avatar was one of those movies that was a must see in the theaters, but pretty 'meh' otherwise.

Yea basically just for the visuals, way too long IMO my butt was asleep halfway through
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

I hated pretty much everything about this movie.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I know I already posted, but I love this topic.

Last Fall I saw Thor: The Dark World in 3D at a cushy theater and that was a cool experience. I don't think I would have enjoyed the movie much at home on a regular flat screen TV, I would have become really bored.

Some movies I think are fun to see in theaters due to being around lots of other moviegoers. Some that come to mind are any of the Harry Potter films, Kill Bill 1 & 2, and Forrest Gump.
  • Behxo
    Options
    I know I already posted, but I love this topic.

Last Fall I saw Thor: The Dark World in 3D at a cushy theater and that was a cool experience. I don't think I would have enjoyed the movie much at home on a regular flat screen TV, I would have become really bored.

Some movies I think are fun to see in theaters due to being around lots of other moviegoers. Some that come to mind are any of the Harry Potter films, Kill Bill 1 & 2, and Forrest Gump.

Np, the more the merrier! Great list, I also CANT BELIEVE I forgot about the LOTR and The Hobbit movies! Saw a preview last night for the last Hobbit movie and I literally internally screamed and wiggled in my seat :laugh:
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Guardians of the Galaxy! LOVED this movie. I'm a harsh critic and it takes a lot to really wow me and this was an awesome movie!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Guardians of The Galaxy was *kitten* amazing and I hate every single other Marvel movie I have seen
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    The first Harry Potter.. that was the last time i went to the Cinema :P
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    War of the Worlds