Looking for friends and motivation!

Hi there! My name is Rebecca and I'm about to turn 20. I've been overweight my entire life and I've decided to change that. I've almost completely cut out processed foods and have drastically decreased my caloric intake (now it's about 1200-1500 calories a day). I've been walking everyday for the past week but will start going to the gym once I get back to university in a week. I would love to meet some people on here and I would really appreciate any motivation/tips/stories that you lovely people have to offer! I currently weigh 197.6 and am looking to get down to about 150 and tone up my body.

Replies

• KristopherK1
    KristopherK1 Posts: 2,888 Member
    You can add me if you want.
  • belledeboskoop
    belledeboskoop Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! Sounds like you have made some very positive changes already. I'm new here too but have already found lots of motivation here. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Hi i've added you! I am looking for the same...I'd love to hear more about your journey with organic healthy eating as I saw you posted in your profile. I am looking to lose about 70lbs!
  • Hello. I just joined this site also. I'm looking for friends and motivation too. I really think this site is going to help me stay on track. I have 45 lbs to loose. As I am a lot older than you, and been doing the yoyo diet and exercise regime for my whole life starting at age 12, I assume it may be more challenging for me. However, I am quite determined. Feel free to friend me. Miesha
  • venseljenny
    venseljenny Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I'm Jenny, and I've been doing really well with the diet and fitness part, but I'm looking for others to share some different ideas on putting together meals and maybe some different ideas about an exersize routine. I have several large dogs, and we walk in the mornings here in Amarillo Texas, due to the extreme heat that comes later in the day. I have a treadmill, but that is too boring and quite frankly, I don't see any results with it, no matter how far I go. I'm hoping to find others in this area who want to partner up on the walks. It doesn't matter where your from, I'm hoping to find friends for moral support and advice too! Please feel free to add me as a friend :) Good luck to all, and stay blessed!
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    More friend
  • Hello. My name is Jason. I am down 25 lbs since June 3rd. All because of the motivation and support coming from friend on mfp. Feel free to add me. I am on here daily. Good luck in your journey.
  • Dreed71
    Dreed71 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm looking for friends and motivation as well! Please add me!
  • mrosegilman
    mrosegilman Posts: 3 Member
    Please add me! I have no friends yet and would love the encouragement from you all!
  • Hi! Iv'e only been using MFP for about a week. The support and motivation from others is great!
    Add Me!

Sitting down and actually entering all the food I eat in a day is probably the best things I have done for myself.

But I am still a beginner and want to hear other peoples' efforts to see what is similar to mine.
  • venseljenny
    venseljenny Posts: 5 Member
    I've added you on, and thank you :)
  • Add me
  • hey! i'm glad to hear that you've started leading a healthier lifestyle- same here. it's only been about a month since i decided i'd try to be healthier, and hopefully we'll be able to exchange stories and advice with each other (and anyone else here). i hope you reach your goal :)
  • owlet1401
    owlet1401 Posts: 3 Member
    I've added you as a friend :)
    I am too looking for more friends, so anybody else, feel free to add me!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Good luck, Rebecca! Getting in shape while attending classes can be difficult (especially since the college culture glorifies bad habits!), but good on you for getting started!

If you'd like random motivation/advice from someone who gained a LOT of weight in college then dropped 60lbs afterwards, feel free to add me!
  • i need all the motivation i can get add me too :)
  • jarevalo134
    jarevalo134 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey everyone feel free to add me ive only been here for about a week could use more friends and motivation as well
    thanks, in advance
  • schmoovey
    schmoovey Posts: 32 Member
    More friends more fun!
    I will send friend requests to you all. I am an MFP user for several years now, and have been actively logging status updates for the past couple of weeks. I intend to keep that trend running.
    Anyone else can send me a friend request. I'll do my best to reply to all of your posts!
    Best wishes to all on your fitness journeys.
  • 16StoneJay
    16StoneJay Posts: 3 Member
    Looks like we could both help each other out. Please add me as a friend and I will do what I can to help you achieve your goals.
  • JourneyToLose50
    JourneyToLose50 Posts: 17 Member
    Friend request sent! Maybe we can motivate each other!