Back here again and hating myself

Options
Hi

I have been here before, but unfortunately not terribly diligent at recording what goes in my mouth, so I joined JG for a while, with some results. However, I have once again gained back the weight I lost. I know I can do this myself without the help of JC and the $155NZ per week, I have a goal and damn reason to reach it.

But, I struggle so much with being kind to myself, I see a reflection of myself and I think “you disgusting fat b%$&g” I take long looks at myself in the mirror and hate everything I see, I am constantly telling myself how fat and disgusting I am. I know how bad this is for me to continually reinforce this kind of thinking but I just don’t know how to let up on myself and try to see the positive.

So I am starting again, again…..this time working out 5 days pers week, two actual workouts and 3walks, calorie cutting to 1200, I was considering 500 per day. I have lost 3.7kg in the last month, but stopped losing for 2 weeks.

How do I begin to be kind to myself, I don’t know where to start.

Replies

• Bellalatinabx
    Options
    First stay positive! You lost some weight so let that me the driver of that motivation. I know from personal experience that 3 to 5 pounds is not much to us. But keep adding those few ponds every month and when you look up it will be significant. Dont get discouraged. Keep your head up!

Lets stay in touch, your not in this journey alone!!!!!
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    just stay here one day /time
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have definitely battled the same problem, and I still do - not as much about my weight anymore, but regarding my life and my (nonexistent) career. Something that has worked for me is consciously changing the language I use when I talk about myself - both to others and in my mind. Things aren't going to change over night. You literally just have to sort of backtrack and say whatever it is you were feeling in a different, more positive way. You can learn to recognize that "You're a worthless fat pig" more accurately means, I'm feeling so sad and disappointed in myself for binging yet again today.

What helped me finally start getting on track is acknowledging the emotional issues I was having that caused me to overeat and talk to myself really poorly. It's hard work but I highly encourage you to at least stop and think about what the real reason might be for your urge to binge at any given moment. You might find that your energy is redirected in a constructive way.

Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck!
  • reneb28
    reneb28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Being happy is much more than the scale and the mirror, first work on that. Be happy and healthy! next the scale and the mirror will reflect that! Why would you put so much work into something you despise everyday? You wouldn't! Work on loving yourself in every form you come in! Then work on being a healthier person in general, ALL else will follow!
  • missbellz
    missbellz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bella, I'm so sorry, I accidently ignored your request, please resend, I didn't meant to.

Thank you Rene and Mallory, I know I need to work on positive affirmations, I'm generally such an outgoing, happy person, but in my mind I say such awful things to myself. I like what you say Mallory basically translating your emotions and understanding thoughts.