where did it go?

Options
My main source of exercise is gone. My bike was stolen. This happened like three weeks ago, but we had a stream of visitors, and I didn't want it to ruin my fun with them. Now that they're gone, it hit me. It's just gone. I know this sounds silly. I'm an adult, and somebody took my bike! :-) But you have to know - I just got it in May. It was a gift from my husband. He's been wanting to buy me a mountain bike for five years so we could go together. We finally were able to afford it, and he got me a brand new Specialized Myka, cream with red butterflies. He also got me a trailer for my little girl, so that I could ride it anytime, not just when we went to the canyons. I live in a teeny town, so I rode everywhere - to work, the grocery store, bank, etc. And now, it's gone. I can ride his, but it's not the same, and now we can't go together. Sorry for the long rant, I just finally had time to get upset about it.
:sad:

Replies

• Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    My main source of exercise is gone. My bike was stolen. This happened like three weeks ago, but we had a stream of visitors, and I didn't want it to ruin my fun with them. Now that they're gone, it hit me. It's just gone. I know this sounds silly. I'm an adult, and somebody took my bike! :-) But you have to know - I just got it in May. It was a gift from my husband. He's been wanting to buy me a mountain bike for five years so we could go together. We finally were able to afford it, and he got me a brand new Specialized Myka, cream with red butterflies. He also got me a trailer for my little girl, so that I could ride it anytime, not just when we went to the canyons. I live in a teeny town, so I rode everywhere - to work, the grocery store, bank, etc. And now, it's gone. I can ride his, but it's not the same, and now we can't go together. Sorry for the long rant, I just finally had time to get upset about it.
    :sad:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I would be so ticked off. I wish I could afford one of those. Can you report it to the police?
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I am sooooooo sorry to hear that. Mine was stolen and I cried so hard about it- it surprised me.

Just an FYI- When mine was stolen, a friend told me to contact the credit card co. I bought it with and they accepted it as a loss. I had a police report filed. I got the $$ back and bought a new one.

My story had a happy ending but to tell you the truth it took me a while to get over the loss of my first one.

Again, I am sorry.
  • Sheeshy
    Options
    I did report it, but still nothing. What really stinks is I rode up to my house, went inside to tell my visiting in-laws something, and 30 minutes later when I went back out to get it (in the middle of the afternoon!) it was gone! We saved forever for it, and it took me three months to lose it!
  • searls717
    Options
    We saved forever for it, and it took me three months to lose it!

You did not lose it! It was stolen from you. BIG difference. Not that it changes what happened, but don't think of it that you lost it. You are not responsible for someone else's actions.

Sorry that it happened though.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this.

Since you live in a small time maybe you'll spot whoever took your bike - well, maybe the first step would be to report it to the police so they can be on the lookout. I'm not sure how you'd go about confronting a person if you did see someone on your bike.

I hope this gets resolved for you.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that--some people just don't care, do they?

Keep checking with the police==maybe they'll find it.
  • kleimola
    Options
    Well hopefully the police will find it. I am sorry. That is such a bummer.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that :(. My boyfriend had his bike stolen last year. Someone walked right up into the garage grabbed it off the wall and rode away. We couldn't believe it!
  • kleimola
    Options
    What is wrong with some people? No respect!
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    We had 3 bikes stolen from us, In a 2 month time span. Just makes you sick!
  • Sheeshy
    Options
    I never understood what would possess a person to just TAKE something. Oh, well. There are worse things in life. Thanks for listening everybody!! I feel better!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that your bike got stolen. That really stinks! :cry:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    people will seriously do ANYTHINGto get a quick buck anymore. Its disgusting. I am sorry to hear this. I hope they go to ride it and cash it to get drugs or whatever they wanted it for and fly over the handlebars into a manure pile teeeheee!!!!