What are low budget recipe ideas?

Options
I'm running off a low budget and organic items just aren't cheap :/ so what are some suggestions of food items that are healthy and low carbs?

Replies

• Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lentils, beans, rice, tuna, cottage cheese, eggs, frozen veggies, produce in season, and peanut butter are some of my basics.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Seasonal vegetables/fruits, eggs, tuna, rice, beans (dry and canned), pasta, bread, tomatoes, onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, and bananas are my top low budget friendly foods. There's tons of combinations you can make with these! For the vegetables and fruits, you're just gonna have to look around and find what is cheapest right now and base your meals/snacks off of that. If all else fails, nothing wrong with frozen vegetables--these tend to often have even more nutrients. For the rest: arroz rojo (mexican red rice) with beans or other world beans/rice dishes, tuna and egg salad on pasta or bread, many many different curries with beans and root vegetables over white rice or pasta, banana with yogurt, frozen banana ice cream (just slice, freeze, then blend), banana bread (if you're a baker)... Just a few ideas. :) There are tons of recipes on the internet and although looks complicated and expensive because of the amount of ingredients (some of them do tend to get very fancy), I suggest altering the recipe according to what you have. I do this often and my meals still turn out fine. :)

You can eat healthy on a low budget; I only eat around $25-30 each week and I'm turning out okay, I think! lol