Starving at night.

Options
What the eff is this all about?
I have a rather low caloric goal (1,400 or so) but the night cravings are out of control.
I don't know how to make them stop.
Is there a supplement, a drug, anything I can do to make my evening ravenousness go away?
It's like my body refuses to go into sleep mode unless I eat something before bed, and I have to stop because I know how terrible it is for weight loss.
When I was younger I was able to deflect cravings like crazy while dieting and now it has become a constant source of agony.
Please help.

Replies

• FletcherSymons
    Options
    I have a rather low caloric goal (1,400 or so) but the night cravings are out of control.
    Is there a supplement, a drug, anything I can do to make my evening ravenousness go away?
    It's like my body refuses to go into sleep mode unless I eat something before bed, and I have to stop because I know how terrible it is for weight loss.
    When I was younger I was able to deflect cravings like crazy while dieting and now it has become a constant source of agony.
    Please help.

Hello, I used to have the same problem .. People on here will tell you to drink water or eat an apple but realistically it doesn't suppress for longer then half an hour. I started looking for something a while back and i now use Coffee Bean extract. It really does work. I can eat well all day and in evening BOOM! i would eat rubbish due to my apatite going into overdrive. I take one early evening and im NEVER hungry at all until the next day (around dinner time) - There natural so have no side effects either.

Plus there cheap - try em, you wont regret it.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i eat a bowl of cereal or pudding before bed every night. i simply save enough calories from my other meals and apply them just before bed. works like a charm.
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have green coffee bean extract but I don't like the caffeine in it. :(
    Sometimes I think I should just go back on Adderall even though it's the devil's drug.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    You are not "starving"

Eating before bedtime has no bearing on weight loss and isn't bad.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Please help.

Hello, I used to have the same problem .. People on here will tell you to drink water or eat an apple but realistically it doesn't suppress for longer then half an hour. I started looking for something a while back and i now use Coffee Bean extract. It really does work. I can eat well all day and in evening BOOM! i would eat rubbish due to my apatite going into overdrive. I take one early evening and im NEVER hungry at all until the next day (around dinner time) - There natural so have no side effects either.

http://goo.gl/2hof1K

It does not work.

Reported.
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I am starving and would know so after many years of being eating disordered. My stomach feels like it's eating itself. But more power to ya for knowing my body better than I do. You're a skilled empath!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you are hungry, just eat something. Maybe a handful of nuts or a spoonful of peanut butter. It will help you sleep but won't hurt your weight loss.
  • FletcherSymons
    Options
    Please help.

http://goo.gl/2hof1K

It does not work.

Reported.

Reported for having an opinion - Grow up!!
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Please help.

It does not work.

Reported.

Reported for having an opinion - Grow up!!

I would go with "reported for schilling".
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Please help.

Eh. I get hungry if I go to bed late relative to my last meal. Like I'll probably go to bed at 1. I ate dinner at 5:30 and had two lace cookies in between.

I just ignore it and keep procrastsleeping.

It's probably just a psychological adjustment for you. Eat closer to bed time if it's a big problem.

Don't take the coffeebean thing.
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just make sure I've got enough calories left after dinner for a healthy snack, because I KNOW I'm going to need it around 11pm. I've always heard, "It's okay to eat before bed, just don't OVEREAT before bed." I feel like, if my body is telling me "no seriously, I'm going to make you extremely uncomfortable until you put food in me" I should probably eat something.
  • skinnymini2552
    Options
    Try eating things that won't work against you. For example, go for unsalted nuts, fruit, and veg.

Unsalted nuts might include peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pepitas
    Fruits might include strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, prunes, dates, cherries, mango, pineapple, watermelon, melon
    Veg might include cucumber, celery, broccoli, sweet potato

Hope this helps!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Please help.

1) there is no compelling evidence that they aid in weight loss and none that shows it acts as an appetite suppressant (other than just coffee, which the OP said she did not want)

2) just because something is natural, it does not mean that there are no side effects. Point in case:

"Green coffee extracts, supplemental or food products, may cause a respiratory response indicative of allergens.[15] Occupational type I allergies have been noted to be associated with Green Coffee dust, which may be due to the presence of a 'Cof A 1' allergin.[16]"

http://examine.com/supplements/Green+Coffee+Extract/

[I am assuming that this is not spam as it is linked to Amazon...but I could be wrong so have removed the links)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Please help.

Eh. I get hungry if I go to bed late relative to my last meal. Like I'll probably go to bed at 1. I ate dinner at 5:30 and had two lace cookies in between.

It's probably just a psychological adjustment for you. Eat closer to bed time if it's a big problem.

Forum full of robots.

Has someone call him out on his 'claims', insults everyone. Nice!
  • weightliftingdiva
    Options
    Please help.

Forum full of robots.

Well... That escalated quickly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP: couple of suggestions:

- up your calories a bit
    - eat more satiating foods (fibrous veggies, fats, protein, depending on your diet as a whole and your macros)
    - eat more of your calories in the evening.
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Part of the problem might be stomach hyperacidity which feels like hunger. You could try an over the counter antacid at bedtime. I've had to do that many times. See if that helps.
  • weightliftingdiva
    Options
    Please help.

Forum full of robots.

Has someone call him out on his 'claims', insults everyone. Nice!

Right!?

Because apparently I have to defend myself...

OP: There are ways to manage your hunger without buying the coffee bean extracts. If you are cheap like me, find ways to manage your hunger BEFORE you shell out money for a last resort supplement. You may find you didn't really need the supplement after all.
  • FletcherSymons
    Options
    Please help.

1) there is no compelling evidence that they aid in weight loss and none that shows it acts as an appetite suppressant (other than just coffee, which the OP said she did not want)

2) just because something is natural, it does not mean that there are no side effects. Point in case:

"Green coffee extracts, supplemental or food products, may cause a respiratory response indicative of allergens.[15] Occupational type I allergies have been noted to be associated with Green Coffee dust, which may be due to the presence of a 'Cof A 1' allergin.[16]"

http://examine.com/supplements/Green+Coffee+Extract/

[I am assuming that this is not spam as it is linked to Amazon...but I could be wrong so have removed the links)

Dont worry, Im off - Not hanging around somewhere that you have to be a vet in order to able to help. Some people want straight forward ways to help burn exrta fat or suppress appetite. Not everyone wants to be told to write down everything and do this and do that. Some people want a simple answer. This stuff worked for me so i shared simple! isnt that the whole point of a DEBATE forum? to debate whats best. Not to single out one person and tell them that there opinion isnt good enough for the forum. Shame on you all!