Changing Daily Calorie Goal

Options
Just wondering as you continue to loose weight should you go in and change your information so that your daily calories are less? I am trying to stay under the recommended calories for the day because mine is set at 1520 which seems high. I am fairly new to this and have only been doing for 3 weeks so I would love any feedback or advise you can share! Thanks!

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    MFP will ask you if you want to change your goals after you lose ten pounds and every ten pounds you lose after that.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    MFP will lower them for you every 10 lbs. But to be MOST accurate you may wanna go in and change them yourself after every 5 lbs lost.
  • amr_227
    amr_227 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just started this and I am at 1520 calories. Still trying to adjust my eating more and learn what choices to make when picking my meals. I was wondering also about the calories changing as one looses weight. Glad you posted this! And good luck!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I go in and change it every week after I weigh in. I want to maximize the weight loss and I feel staying up on the calorie requirements will help me do just that.
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How do you change your calories? Do you add some one time and them remove them the next? Is this so you don't go into starvation mode?