Hi from Texas

Options
where to start. hi, i'm cece and i am from dallas, texas. i am almost 39 and need to lose about 80 pounds total but this year the goal is 60. nothing crazy, just a little over a pound a week. i think that is completely doable. if all i lose this is year is 20 lbs i will consider it a victory. the only way to lose the weight is slowly so that it will stay off. i didn't gain it overnight and i won't lose it overnight. anyhoo. i have a feeling that myfitnesspal is going to be that push i needed to get these last 80 lbs off. my doctor would be happier if i lost 100 but hey, 80 is great too!

Replies

• wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hello CeCe and welcome to the site!! :D
  • jessmo803
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We're all here to support and motivate you on your journey!! Feel free to add me as a friend :o)

Jess
  • Amanda141982
    Options
    Best of luck to ya!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Welcome from Dallas too! We have about the same goals. Good luck! Add me as a friend if you need some motivation!!!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to fitnesspal :) Hope you like it here.

Add me if you like :)
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you Cece, you're gonna love it here! I do:)
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    welcome from the tx state capitol (yay Austin)! :) MFP is great and i'm sure you're gonna love it here and this site is gonna be great for you. sounds like you have a very healthy outlook on your weight loss journey! i wish you the best of luck! ^__^
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We live in Terrell. :)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cece! I'm in Dallas too. Good luck with everything! This site is great and extremely helpful. Feel free to add me if you want some additional support.
  • cjfrosty51
    Options
    Hang in there Cece. I have only been doing this for a little over a week and I find that it is the best thing I have ever tried. I am just weeks away from turning 60 and I have 150 to lose, so I KNOW how you feel and then some. I am trying to be reasonable also in not expecting to lose it all overnight. I am hoping to lose at least 2 lbs per week, but I would be happy with any loss. It's going to be a long road ahead, but if we all hang in there together; this is a great way to do it without having to pay someone to help guide us down this weight loss path. Stay strong and PRAY. Good Luck.
  • cjfrosty51
    Options
    Congratulations.....in Terrel....I can hardly wait to share the same good news.
  • kwise127
    Options
    Hey Cece,
    I'm right there with ya and working on losing 60 lbs to start. I'm in Houston and just starting my journey as well.

Keth
  • Tonya84
    Tonya84 Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from another DALLAS girl!! Feel free to add me if you would like =)