Jillian Michaels 30 day shred?

Options
How do you log it on this website for your exercise? Just did it for the first time since before I was pregnant!

Replies

• tonisteedley
    Options
    I think it is under Calisthenics. I have been doing the 30 day shred 1 . I am on day 5. I read somwhere on here that the other people that were doing the 30 day shred was putting it under Calisthenics. So that's what I have been doing. Good Luck !!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training (if you don't have a HRM) since that's what it is. 90% of MFP'ers will recommend the same.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Circuit Training (if you don't have a HRM) since that's what it is. 90% of MFP'ers will recommend the same.
    AGREED.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I've always put it under circuit training :smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I also agree.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I've been logging it under Circuit Training. Its a combination of strength and cardio!
  • krisjc210
    krisjc210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get a HRM, that way you get your exact cal. burn...I have one and do L3 and burn between 300-500 in 28min.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    AGREED.

What's an HRM ??:ohwell:
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just bought it. I'm planning on starting it tonight. Does everyone like it?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Im just starting it oo Gary, Wish us both luck!!! LOL I see where many of the people on here use it so Im praying it does something for me, I would like to lose 33 by June 17 we will see! I need to get a little more strict on my eating.

Good luck to you Gary!
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday and OMG. lol I started level 2 since I've been working out for a bit and I feel strong. I think that was a good choice for me. You will be out of breath though so be prepared. I can't wait to get home and do it again tonight. I'm sore today but not too bad. I think that's cause it was my first time so I was intimidated by the moves. Going to go strong tonight.

I put it under Circuit training since that's what I saw on here yesterday.

Would love an HRM. Any cheap/good suggestions?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    saw one at walmart not too expensive thinking about going back and getting it myself.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    AGREED.

What's an HRM ??:ohwell:

Heart rate monitor. Either a wrist-watch version or with a chest band (more $ but more accuracy). $25-$300 cost, value is priceless, just ask any MFP'er ;)
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1 Level 1 today. I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't even do it all. I couldn't go all the way down with the push-ups. I did the easy modified versions on most. I don't know how to log it because it wasn't as rigorous as if you did it correctly.
  • fancyladymeek
    Options
    I was about to post this same question!!

I did it for the first time today as a "good morning!" to myself. I could barely lift my arms to wash my hair afterwards! I did level one and had to modify it since I'm under doctor's orders no lunges, squats, or direct pressure on my knee.

Great workout especially when combined with a nice walk later!
  • chellis76
    chellis76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what kind of HRM do you have?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get a HRM, that way you get your exact cal. burn...I have one and do L3 and burn between 300-500 in 28min.

Wow, I'm 5'2" and 126-127 right now and I only burn 200-250 on level 1 and 2. Maybe I need to head up to L3. I don't do it every day. I switch between some of her other DVDs and the treadmill.