Breakfast binge monster

Options
I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else, most times when I have breakfast I just can't stop wanting more food, it's like I've opened the flood gates and I just want to eat more so for the past couple of days I've skipped breakfast most times because I'm out anyways and just eat 1.00, maybe because I can have more to eat at lunch plus the extra calories from breakfast that helps me feel content. I know breakfast for some is no binge trigger and helps to be energized but for me it's not that at all

any thoughts??

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If you dont have alot of time for breakfast anyway, why not try taking breakfast on the go, with a protein shake or protein bar you wont have the option to binge since you already left the house.

Chris
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast? Are you eating mostly nutrients dense foods like foods high on protein and fat?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Just random thoughts here, they might not apply to you:

(1) Pack your breakfast the night before (maybe something portable, so you can eat it whenever), so the quantity and content is determined when you're not 10 hours from you most recent meal.
    (2) Maybe adjust your meal plans to include a 100-150 calorie snack closer to bed, so you're a little less ravenous at breakfast.
    (3) My favorite way to eat is a big 1200-1500 calorie breakfast at 11 am, then small snacks the rest of the day. Unfortunately, that's hard for me to fit into my lifestyle on a regular basis.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, binges aren't that frequent but when they do happen it's normally at home anyways, thank you
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree. I typically wait till noon or a little later to eat and that tends to satisfy me till my break at work at 5pm ( I work afternoons right now), I'll snack on some fruit and pretzels and then eat dinner around 8pm. If im up earlier and eat early, then im starving by break time. I woke up early today and now all I can think about is eating lol
  • FisherGT
    FisherGT Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue exept with dinner so i no longer eat dinner
  • SoLiveItUp
    Options
    I eat oatmeal/porridge but since I don't like it bland I add cinnamon, lemon curd or strawberry jam. Also I buy those quaker fruit ones, I know they have sugar in them so that might be the cause
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That tends to be a problem for me too. The only thing I can do for breakfast that doesn't kick me into an all day craving is to eat Greek yogurt for breakfast. IDK if that would work for you or not. Before that I didn't eat breakfast at all because if I did I was messed up for the rest of the day (and that's regardless of what breakfast consisted of. I had tried everything.)
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body.
    If for some reason breakfast is not working for you...skip it.
    There is no hard and fast rule to this thing despite what a lot of people spout.

It does not work for me, and when I decided to go with how my body feels, I find my appetite more controlled.
    Why go with the so called "perfect way to start my day" that dooms my effort to failure?
    For some people it is the time of day their cortisol is at peak

This article may shed some light on the phenomenon.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/17/eating-breakfast.aspx
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    so your answer is to skip breakfast altogther? They say breakfast is most important meal of the day. i have a huge breakfast, between 1,000 - 1,100 calories, every day. i suggest eating a small meal like whole gran toast with all natural peanut butter and a banana. that's about 315 calories righ there.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I try to have the same thing for breakfast every day. If I switch it up too much, ie., oatmeal or go out to breakfast I seem to be "hungry" the rest of the day. I usually have a blueberry/spinach smoothie with a scoop of protein powder every morning and that keeps me going until about 4 hours or so.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue exept with dinner so i no longer eat dinner

You don't get hungry?
  • SoLiveItUp
    Options
    Not having breakfast for me is easier than skipping lunch or dinner since I enjoy eating with the family and have the freedom to enjoy what they're having as well instead of eating 1,000 calories at breakfast of junk full of sugar and then having to eat less during the day :)
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you!! :)
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Breakfast no longer becomes the most important meal of the day, imo, if it is screwing up your whole day!