weight loss what's that?

Options
So i do everything Im supposed to do. I eat my calories am under i drink nothing but water. ALL THE TIME. And no weight loss. .8 here. 6 there....WTF WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! i work out five to seven days a week. WTF.

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    If you're new to this and have yo yo'd in the past it could be your body just getting used to the new regiment. Stick with it. When I first started I didn't lose anything for the first month, then wow watch out. Then it balanced out. Hang in there.
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If you work out that much and you aren't eating back the calories you burn you may not be eating enough calories. You could also be gaining muscle which weighs more. Are you measuring too to see if you are losing inches? Or are your clothes fitting any better? Hang in there. You can do it!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    So i do everything Im supposed to do. I eat my calories am under i drink nothing but water. ALL THE TIME. And no weight loss. .8 here. 6 there....WTF WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! i work out five to seven days a week. WTF.
    It sounds like you're doing the right things (eating less, drinking water, and working out) and you are getting results ("0.8 here, 0.6 there") but just not as quickly as you'd like.

"Patience grasshopper!"

Two items come to mind:
    If you're drinking a lot of water, you might be retaining water weight from time to time.

Second, if you're working out a lot, you might find that you're not losing as fast because your body is retaining water and fluids that are needed to help muscles recover from strenuous workouts.

My girlfriend runs a Lindora clinic (you may have seen them around SoCal) and she's clued me in on the latter point. I'm just coming off a plateau which has coincided with increased exercise.

One thing that you might want to check out is a scale that not only weighs you but reports body fat, muscle mass, body water amount, etc. If you're adding muscle mass, it will reduce down the amount of weight you're losing.

Like you, I joined this site in December 2010 and I've had two week-long plateaus which have been really frustrating. Like you, I was in excellent shape for most of my life but have spent the last 10 years mucking up my body. So maybe the thing to keep in mind is that we will get back in shape but it's not an instant fix - give it time and everything will fall into place.

Feeling like Mr. Cheerful this AM! :-)
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hey, you are doing the right thing. Just don't give up and after your body adjusts to your new lifestyle you will drop. Also just case the scale isn't dropping doesn't mean your not losing inches. Get a tape measure and measure your arms, legs, chest and belly. Keep it up and don't give up.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree with everybody...I tell you Kelli..try not to weigh yourself too often so you don't obsess on it...you're doing great hon...you'll be wearing bikini near the pool ...before you know it just stick to the plan =]