Body Recomposition - getting a big butt and thighs! Gargh!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What were your thigh measurements before you started? Now?

It's probably a little glycogen and a lot of misperception. It is common when you start new programs. You're incorporating some strength with the Les Mills, but it isn't a heavy lifting program. What exactly are your goals? You don't necessarily to be on a heavy lifting program to achieve good results. There are many ways from Point A to Point B.

^^this is what I would ask.

You mention that they are getting 'thicker'. How much bigger do they measure and over what period of time.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Body pump was like a gateway drug into real lifting for me...and maybe it will be for you too OP! I loved that class so much....until I learned some oly lifts.

So, an absolute must for last lifters---monthly photos and measurements. Its easy to feel certain parts are ballooning (alas never the chest) and then I measure and its the same and I look at my progress photos and see positive change.
  • DiegoStrong
    Options
    Not to be a downer but none of what you mentioned for exercises are gonna build much for muscle...

Most of it is cardio in some form or another. Including the body pump classes.

To gain any appreciable amount of muscle you need to eat at a surplus of maitenance and do a progressive load lifting program...

I am not saying resistence bands etc aren't good for maintaining current muscle mass but it will be very hard to even do a recomp using them.

Anything over 12 reps is for muscle endurance realy esp if the weight doesn't challenage you...after 8 reps.

And if you are lifting heavy weights you can't use a HRM to calculate the burns...that is for steady state cardio only.

HI everyone Im completely new here, and trying to gain a little bit of weight so Im looking around in threads that I think will be of my interest.
    I cant read everything you have written here, and since I dont know almost anything about very specific stuff like DMOS and fitbit or something like that, I can agree that most of your workout is pretty much still cardio, EVEN the squats with so amny reps are not strength training anymore. You must do heavy weights for few reps, think 5 sets of 5 reps. focus on the big 3: Squat Deadlift, Bench press, then think of adding Overheadpress and bentover barbell rows and BW excercises like pullups chinups dips. You will not bulk!!! :)
    Hope it helps!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

Also deadlifts.
  • sjfrank88
    Options
    I read an article on another site- that stated that people who do spinning and resistance biking for long periods(i.e not Hiit) are likely to get bigger legs and butt and calves. A lot of it depends on the body type you start with. If you google Spinning making me bigger? You will find some resources.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I found Bret Contraras Glute exercises concentrate more on butt and back, rather than quads.

You have to be really objective about what you want. If you want firm high rounded legs and butt you have to get bigger first before you cut, then the goodies come to you. I believe in small cycles. I also had to get down to about 15% bf before any fat came off my bottom half! but then when I did my bulk and gained 8lb, even with the extra fat, I really liked my shape, for the first time since I was 17!

I've slowly cut again, but I am never going to be slender in my bottom half, I can be athletic looking.

I've also decided not to gain any more muscle so I'm very careful about not accidently bulking, as I lift progressively still, but am not eating over tdee. I really don't want any more millimetres let alone inches. I like my size.