Illinois Peeps

Options

Replies

• kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You wouldnt believe how many people I tell I'm from Effingham and they are like....UH...WHERE???:laugh:

I lived in Springfield for a while, and some people used to call your town Methingham. I didn't spend enough time there to see if there was any truth to that.

Not like Springfield was the most clean cut town either though.
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You wouldnt believe how many people I tell I'm from Effingham and they are like....UH...WHERE???:laugh:

I lived in Springfield for a while, and some people used to call your town Methingham. I didn't spend enough time there to see if there was any truth to that.

Not like Springfield was the most clean cut town either though.

Honestly it really isnt different than any other town...Usually when people that do actually know say..Seriously?? I just tell them well I was raised in Stewardson..that usually gets them bc they dont know that town lol
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Lake County, lL checking in here. I'm amongst the laziest of my friends, logging only about 35 miles a week walking/jogging. I've slowed down since I have a baby now (8 months old today) but both my hubby and I work out almost daily, and use our 20ish lb baby girl as a kettle bell :-). We're lucky to be surrounded my hundreds of miles of bike & forest preserve trails, parks, and lakes!
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've never heard of Stewardson either.
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here from Mt. Prospect (NW Chi suburbs). Walking, pool, yoga, gardening. Should probably add in some lifting but just haven't got into that. So nice to see all of you!!!
  • shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We just moved to Illinois from NC. Compared to NC, I see way more people out and about here running, walking with their kids, etc. It could also be because the summer here is much cooler than back home. We moved from a small city in NC, and my gym membership was $20 a month, and included childcare. Here, they want $50 a month including childcare. Eff that. I bought my own stuff, since I actually live somewhere that has a basement, and made my own gym down there.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Champaign Area here and this is the running-est town. You see all walks of life out running at all hours of the day! I know that a lot of the people I know are either not concerned or are but will not motivate themselves to change.
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You must be in a metropolitan area, or at the very least a larger community. Here in the sticks, Gibson City, it runs about $35/month for a gym membership. Now, if you want to join the local CrossFit gym, it's like $80/month!
  • jferg70
    Options
    Champaign Area here and this is the running-est town. You see all walks of life out running at all hours of the day! I know that a lot of the people I know are either not concerned or are but will not motivate themselves to change.

Champaign! I'm 30 minutes north of you!
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    We love our cheese.

-from Peoria, IL.
  • jferg70
    Options

Holy crap! Vickie?
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Another Former City Girl checking in, I was raised in Chicago born in Florida and I live right off the Border in Indiana and I work downtown so I’m still a Chicago Girl! It’s good to see all of you here!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Illinois here. Not in the best shape...yet.

I always get excited to see someone from IL but they're never closer than three hours from me! I'm only about 40 minutes west of the city and I have yet to see anyone from the actual suburbs like I am. It's all down near Peoria.
    I'm about 40 minutes west of the city too.

I'm 40 minutes west of the city as well!
  • plussizemodel89
    Options
    I NEED FRIENDS ON HERE ;AND I NEED HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS!!
  • crybaby2384
    crybaby2384 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sullivan here! :-)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Illinois ( the good part ) born and raised, but presently in exile. I've seen quite a few Illinois folks on MFP. I will say, however, that Chicagoland seems way under-represented compared to southern Illinois. Maybe it's just me, but I've probably seen an equal number of people on here from the southern half, and population distribution would suggest that should not be the case.

I always get excited to see someone from IL but they're never closer than three hours from me! I'm only about 40 minutes west of the city and I have yet to see anyone from the actual suburbs like I am. It's all down near Peoria.

I live in Bartlett 40 mins west of the city.....We are you? I've been a MFP member since 2008. :happy:
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You should be from Walshville IL if you want to be from somewhere never heard of! Effingham has 3 exits does it not? I have been to weddings in Stewardson and have horse friends in Gibson City, it is a city.
  • msouth75
    msouth75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Effingham! Live down by Marion now.
  • ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chicagoan checking in... I'm surprised Illinois is one of the worst for physical fitness, you'd think with Chicago/the wealthier suburbs, we'd be higher.
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Near O'Hare here! Good Morning to all!!! Always looking for friends from Illinois:) Would be great to have meet up walks at like Busse Woods or somewhere.