30 pounds lost!

Options
Hi! This is my first post with pictures, so I'm crossing my fingers that it works properly.

I never thought I would be posting on the success stories board, but I had a strange day today and decided I needed a little cheering on.

This morning I hit EXACTLY 30 pounds lost since I started trying to get fit and healthy earlier this year. (Started at 198.8 and today the scale read 168.8). Today also my husband of 7 years told me he wants to separate with the intention of divorcing. I can't say this comes as a complete surprise as there has been trouble brewing for awhile, but it was a blow nonetheless. As an emotional eater, I am trying my best to stay on track. I went for a long hike today where in the past I probably would have eaten way too much. So that in itself is a victory for me.

I still have a ways to go but I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far. Thank you for reading.

This first picture was taken about a month into my weight loss journey and the second one today.

4901d116-48d0-4b7f-860f-6691d9608ee6.jpg

0802141213.jpg

Replies

• strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good for you:)
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey this far! You've done soo well to stay away from emotional eating; especially at a time like this.

:flowerforyou:
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well done you. What a difference, you've got great legs btw. That was an amazing thing you did today, to go hiking instead of giving in to what we would normally do, curl up and eat. It shows a great strength of character and you should be so proud of yourself. Ten years ago, my husband and I broke up after 20 years of marriage, and although it was a devastatingly upsetting time, I decided not to give up,, after all, I had made the decision that I wanted to look better before the marriage ended. I moved to a totally different part of the country, found a new job, started from scratch again with almost nothing, and lost around 35lbs by working hard and focusing on what I was doing, t wasn't always easy, but staying busy definitely helped.

Just remember how good you feel after losing 30lbs, and don't let the things you feel bad about change that, they are 2 totally different aspects of your life, so try to keep them like that. I wish you all the luck in the world, Stay strong, and remember we are all here for the days when you just want to rant and vent some anger, or need support.
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Your kind words have really helped.

Caranis - thank you for sharing your story and thoughtful words of encouragement; you've inspired me to keep on keeping on. :) And thanks for the compliment - I've never thought of myself as having nice legs. :)
  • Mandasmim
    Mandasmim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great! Hold on to this victory and let it motivate you. Don't let the emotional struggle defeat you. Find a support system, stay strong, and you will come out better on the other side. Best wishes!
  • joycelynjo
    joycelynjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Niccole5878
    Niccole5878 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing! Keep your chin up and remember that you are doing this for you! And YOU deserve it!!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • Carolyn727
    Carolyn727 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job......keep it up. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Been there, done that on the divorce. Keep your chin up and know you will have good days and bad but you will get through it. Kudos for going hiking instead of snacking. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments. Best of luck.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congats on the weight loss but also for sharing your story! Stay strong - you can do this!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You look great! Hold onto that empowerment. There is a quote in my little office gym that stays with me, and I think it applies to more than just losing weight. It says, "Happiness is not a fitness goal. Happiness is a bi-product of taking care of yourself" Keep taking good care of yourself through this time.
  • cassienicole7
    cassienicole7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look absolutely amazing. Stay stong, I can also be an emotional eater too and I know how hard that can be. Just keep that awesone feeling of accomplishment to keep you strong and to continue making great choices. Choosing a hike was great. You can do this!!!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! :drinker:
    I can see the differences all over in your body and face.

Well done!
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Even though it maybe a blow, you are doing great and getting outta the house was probably the right choice
  • taneyah2014
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Way to be STRONG!!!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss. You look great! I am sorry to hear about your relationships ending. That is so hard.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look fantastic!
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You rock!! Keep up the good attitude. A good walk, run, cry, will definitely be comforting than any food ever will be!

And the previous poster was right, you have BEAUTIFUL legs!!
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Congratulations.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your achievement and motivating me and others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!