Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken (379 calories)

Options
WadeLam
WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
“Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken”—ha! What a recipe name. But really - honestly, this dish doesn’t have an official name. I just make it. Then I serve it to my hungry crew at home just so I can hear them moan and groan about how good it is. And then, I even eat it myself. And moan and groan.

But for some crazy reason, when I post a recipe here in the forums, I feel like I must give it a designation. And aren’t you impressed??!! Of all the words in the entire English language at my disposal, I pulled “Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken” out of thin air.

Side note: on the surface, this recipe may seem suspiciously similar to many other cheesy bacon chicken recipes here on MFP - but it’s not. It’s very, very, very, very, VERY different. This one has…well, uhh…GARLIC SALT in it, for crying out loud. Cuz I’m all about variety. :)

And now, the recipe:

Creamy Bacon & Mozzarella Chicken

neuizb.jpg

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 total)
Olive oil cooking spray
1 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
6 chopped green onions
6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 1/4 cup chicken stock, divided
1 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
Garlic salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Directions:
In a large sauté pan combine onions, mushrooms, 1/4 cup chicken stock, garlic salt and pepper. Sauté over low-medium heat for approximately 20 minutes with the lid on until the mushrooms and onions are nice and caramelized (during that time, you need to check them periodically and might need to add a splash more stock, or even water, to keep them cooking and prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan). Meanwhile, coat both sides of the chicken breasts with zero-calorie olive oil cooking spray and in large skillet, pan-sear them until they are cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides. While the chicken is searing, add the remaining chicken stock and light sour cream to the onion and mushroom mixture. Boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low to allow sauce to simmer and thicken (10-15 minutes). Once the chicken is cooked through, plate it, top with sour cream sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and green onions.

Nutrition Info (calculated using MFP Recipe Builder – recipe makes 4 servings):
Calories – 379
Protein – 48 g
Carbs – 14 g
Fat – 15 g

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    YUM
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Always love your recipes. Maybe a chef one day????? This sounds amazing, thanks so much.
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    YUMMMMM!!
  • WadeLam
    Options
    Always love your recipes. Maybe a chef one day????? This sounds amazing, thanks so much.
    Thank you - becoming a chef is a dream of mine. I would love to attend culinary school and eventually open my own restaurant, but it's funny sometimes how God has other plans. He's blessed me with a supportive wife and three children, but life is just to busy to even think about it right now. But maybe one day!

And......it's funny you mention it, because my boss is so obsessed with my cooking that she always says she wants to help make my dream a reality. She owns an old farmhouse right on the river, and says that after renovating it, we could turn it into the "Farmhouse Cafe", with the upper level dining area overlooking the river. Who knows? I just want God to lead me in the right direction. He never fails. :)
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    That looks and sounds ah-mazin'!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure this is from heaven. Can't wait to try it. thank you for posting.:drinker:
  • cktb4him
    cktb4him Posts: 56
    Options
    NUM! Have all the ingredients- definitely making this week!
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump!! :)
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am going to make this next week. Sounds amazing!!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance you could post the sodium content along with your recipes? Many of us have to watch that also. Thanks!
  • dacra
    dacra Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!!! Will definitely be trying this some time :)
  • WadeLam
    Options
    Is there any chance you could post the sodium content along with your recipes? Many of us have to watch that also. Thanks!
    Sorry about that - I didn't mean to be inconsiderate. The sodium for one serving is 726 mg (again, per MFP's recipe builder). Thanks.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

:huh: Wouldn't you maybe want to take the recipe as it is and adapt it to fit a low sodium diet (using low-sodium chicken broth/reduced sodium cheese) and enter it yourself for a more accurate count?

Also, OP, NOM NOM.
  • gina1971
    gina1971 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lemurwaffle
    Options
    Nom I am going to cook this one night this week!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    bYUMp!
  • 1_Ton_Lady
    1_Ton_Lady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

PS Looks fantastic! Thank you for posting
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Totally making this! And a Cafe overlooking the river in an old farmhouse sounds amazing! Good Luck!
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    Bump :-D