Eating whole pizza without cheese

Options
I ate a whole pizza and sprayed the cheese off. There was bit of sauce left. Him much calories did I ate?

Replies

• graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Does sadness contain calories? Cause this makes me sad...
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    You did it backwards. You're supposed to eat the CHEESE!
  • johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The cheese is, for a large part, salt and fat....bad bad bad. While it is a great dairy item when you are growing as a child, it should be eaten in moderation. Up to you, of course, but I am a professed pizza connoisseur...and have worked at several of these establishments (I currently do, as a matter of fact). Look into just the ingredients of the pizza on MFP, not just a slice of that kind of pizza. I end up having to do that anyway. Pizza, in a nutshell, is not good for any diet.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Cheese equals protein, you just ate a bunch of carbs so basically the calories were doubled.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Pizza, in a nutshell, is not good for any diet.

You're dieting wrong.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options

You're dieting wrong.

Yup. I'm not doing too badly for someone who eats pizza with some frequency...
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza and sprayed the cheese off. There was bit of sauce left. Him much calories did I ate?

There's really no way for us to guess. How large was the pizza? Thick crust, thin crust? What else was on it?
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Cheese equals protein, you just ate a bunch of carbs so basically the calories were doubled.

Cheese = good eatin!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Why would you do such a thing?
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Eating pizza without cheese is like eating birthday cake without frosting. Yeah, it's still a cake but what's the point?
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Eat the cheese and ditch the sodium filled sauce...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

What do you mean you sprayed it off? Are you saying you just basically turned a good pizza into a soggy piece of bread? Why?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

You're dieting wrong.

Agreed.
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    If it was cooked with cheese on it, then a lot of the oils seeped into it.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Eating pizza without cheese is like eating birthday cake without frosting. Yeah, it's still a cake but what's the point?

Eating pizza without cheese is like doing a load of laundry and not putting detergent in with it. You're forgetting the most important part.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    921 without cheese
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The cheese is, for a large part, salt and fat....bad bad bad. While it is a great dairy item when you are growing as a child, it should be eaten in moderation. Up to you, of course, but I am a professed pizza connoisseur...and have worked at several of these establishments (I currently do, as a matter of fact). Look into just the ingredients of the pizza on MFP, not just a slice of that kind of pizza. I end up having to do that anyway. Pizza, in a nutshell, is not good for any diet.

This is all sorts of wrong.

OP, just weigh the crust next time and you'll have a better idea. Just find a yeast bread entry and estimate from there.

Note: I do not condone pizza dissection, especially not with a sprayer.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If it was cooked with cheese on it, then a lot of the oils seeped into it.

I have never heard of a pizza recipe or cooking technique that didn't have the cheese cooked with the pizza.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

LOLwhat?

:huh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    WHY.gif