Eating whole pizza without cheese

Options

Replies

• smokeyser
    Options
    Cheese equals protein, you just ate a bunch of carbs so basically the calories were doubled.

Actually, carbs and protein provide about the same number of calories. Cheese contains a lot of fat, though, and that DOES add more than double the calories (9 per gram vs 4 per gram in carbs/protein). Personally, I'd eat the pizza as it was made without picking stuff off and just eat fewer slices. If you want to decrease the calories so you can still eat more slices, see if you can order one with reduced fat cheese. It's still quite tasty and has significantly fewer calories.

EDIT: Also, the thing about dairy being bad for you after childhood hasn't been true since the genetic mutation showed up about 10000 years ago that allowed our bodies to continue producing lactase (lactose digesting enzyme) when we get older. The only people who should avoid dairy are the few who are lactose intolerant.
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The cheese is, for a large part, salt and fat....bad bad bad. While it is a great dairy item when you are growing as a child, it should be eaten in moderation. Up to you, of course, but I am a professed pizza connoisseur...and have worked at several of these establishments (I currently do, as a matter of fact). Look into just the ingredients of the pizza on MFP, not just a slice of that kind of pizza. I end up having to do that anyway. Pizza, in a nutshell, is not good for any diet.

:noway:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    That's not a pizza...it's something else..not pizza though.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    so you ate bread and sauce?
    is that what you wanted?....bread and sauce?
    why not have the pizza? you wanted pizza, right?
    Eat the cheese and ditch the sodium filled sauce...
    why would she do that?!

you and OP should go out for pizza....you can eat her cheese and she can eat your sodium laden sauce.

BFFs!
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza and sprayed the cheese off. There was bit of sauce left. Him much calories did I ate?

But why?? :huh:
  • Yatashie
    Yatashie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "johnprimeaux" clearly hates fun.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    The cheese is, for a large part, salt and fat....bad bad bad. While it is a great dairy item when you are growing as a child, it should be eaten in moderation. Up to you, of course, but I am a professed pizza connoisseur...and have worked at several of these establishments (I currently do, as a matter of fact). Look into just the ingredients of the pizza on MFP, not just a slice of that kind of pizza. I end up having to do that anyway. Pizza, in a nutshell, is not good for any diet.

This is pizza shaming, and it has no place in a civilized society.

None at all.
  • Ms_Lemgo
    Ms_Lemgo Posts: 12
    Options
    How much money did you spend for that soggy, greasy piece of crust? You like pizza ... eat a slice or two, it's satisfying and you lose the urge to binge on crap.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    But..why? :sad:
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Pizza is good...you get carbs from the dough, micronutrients from the sauce, electrolytes from the sodium, fats from the cheese, and protein from the cheese and toppings. Its like a macronutrient powerhouse and should be the staple of every good diet plan.

Plus if you eat the whole thing you only have to have one meal a day! Unless you do those weight thingies in which case you might want to keep a spare in your gym bag.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza and sprayed the cheese off. There was bit of sauce left. Him much calories did I ate?

Cheesus Effin' Christ...
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

What do you mean you sprayed it off? Are you saying you just basically turned a good pizza into a soggy piece of bread? Why?

This is exactly what I was thinking - sprayed it off :huh: , I would rather just have cheese and topping and ditch the base.

Ooh you could use haloumi as a base then pile on the toppings and then more cheese . hmm cheeeeeeeeeese.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How much money did you spend for that soggy, greasy piece of crust? You like pizza ... eat a slice or two, it's satisfying and you lose the urge to binge on crap.

PSA: If you ever have an urge to binge on crap, please contact a doctor immediately. A desire to eat crap is a clear sign of a serious mental issue and should not be taken lightly.

[themoreyouknow.gif]
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What you ate is called a Tomato Pie. You can probably find some entry in the database for that.

But... you're doing it wrong. Pizza is amazing. Taking the cheese off is just wrong. You're taking off what makes a pizza a pizza.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You need to use this equation to work that out

v2 = u2 + 2ad
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's happening in here. Just eat food in a normal portion, don't strap on the feed bag.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    kxl2C6S.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Pizza mutilation is a crime
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pizza is good...you get carbs from the dough, micronutrients from the sauce, electrolytes from the sodium, fats from the cheese, and protein from the cheese and toppings. Its like a macronutrient powerhouse and should be the staple of every good diet plan.

Plus if you eat the whole thing you only have to have one meal a day! Unless you do those weight thingies in which case you might want to keep a spare in your gym bag.

I can't seem to get a good protein to calorie ratio from pizza. Does not stop me though.