They say the camera never lies - I hate that camera !!!

Options
Hello everyone, I have been on here for a while and start off with all good intentions and then I don't know what happens, I think the snack devil creeps in at night and feeds me crisps when I'm asleep, either that or I have no will power !!!

So now I am back again for about the 3rd time and I've seen my holiday photos and it doesn't look good in fact it looks really scary so I'm determined to do something about it this time, I'm looking for friends to chivvy me along so please add me.

Sue :ohwell:

Replies

• lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have been on here for a while and start off with all good intentions and then I don't know what happens, I think the snack devil creeps in at night and feeds me crisps when I'm asleep, either that or I have no will power !!!

So now I am back again for about the 3rd time and I've seen my holiday photos and it doesn't look good in fact it looks really scary so I'm determined to do something about it this time, I'm looking for friends to chivvy me along so please add me.

You can do it :) Feel free to add me! :)
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean... The Chocolate Demon tries to tempt me more often then I would like to admit!! :wink:
    The most important thing is that you're here, once more! It means you haven't given up!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Use the picture you hate as inspiration.
    Find the one you hate the most put it away somewhere safe with the clothes you were wearing in it.

Then in a few months after weight loss put the cloths back on, take a photo and compare.
    Trust me it feels great =)

I have sent a friends request to you x
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Make some friends and stick around for a change. Good luck.
  • smarttart19
    smarttart19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Find the one you hate the most put it away somewhere safe with the clothes you were wearing in it.

That picture is my profile picture and I have another awful picture posted in my profile as well, they're there for all the world to see and to shame me into getting my act together :blushing:
  • gaviota2064
    Options
    I know that feeling :cry: feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • ajit_kane
    ajit_kane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dont worry. I needed thre failed attempts to finally start loosing weight this year. You just have to get past the first hump. Once you do that and start seeing the results you will get motivated on your own.
  • dareacceptor
    dareacceptor Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Then in a few months after weight loss put the cloths back on, take a photo and compare.
    Trust me it feels great =)

Ooh - I like this idea!
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me for support if you want to :) Good luck you can do it xx
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    A lot of mirrors lie. *kitten*!
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i feel ur pain--ive been back so many times----this time I'm doing a little better---been adding a little walking and running---makes me feel better----i've just got to get my eating in check....today makes day 1 for me Again!
  • vicward1
    vicward1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Adding you now :) And good luck! x x x x
  • freda116
    Options
    Yes, I definitely know what u mean. I believe this is my 3rd time back and my devil is ICE CREAM!!! This time I'm determined to kick *kitten*!!!!!
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm generally the one taking the pictures. I try to hide when I know there is somebody else taking the pics. Now that being said, I also let the pictures be my guide. Guide to my weight loss journey
  • amandawillard3551
    Options
    A friend took a photo of me in April and I was horrified....who was that fat person, yikes, it was me. I lost about 5lbs before finding my way to MFP, and since 1 June, I've been mainly good.
  • Acnwgirl
    Acnwgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about getting off track. I do really well for awhile and then I get tired of eating right and exercising and go back to my old ways. Then I gain more weight back then I lost in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. I'm back on here now too... Working to stick to it and stay off the scale because when I don't see immediate progress with all the hard work it makes me want to give up. Good luck! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes the camera is mean. I am at least 10 stone smaller in my head than the camera shows :(
    It is scary to be confronted by images that you do not relate to as being you. I don't like it at all. Thankfully it is within our power to change.
  • Bbmp3323
    Options
    Pictures can be a great motivator :) I know they are for me.. I don't want my daughter to remember me as chubby and unhealthy.. So I'm changing it :)
  • sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

That picture is my profile picture and I have another awful picture posted in my profile as well, they're there for all the world to see and to shame me into getting my act together :blushing:

I know this was posted days ago, but I wanted to comment. Please don't try to shame yourself into changing. The time that you start to really change is when you start to love your body for what it is. I know that sounds difficult, but if you can start to love it, that is when you truly will do something to change and take care of it. That is when you will begin to want to do the right thing to keep it healthy.