Who wants some accountability?

Options
I'm looking for some accountability with my working out. I have been logging my food for 3 weeks now and its not to up the exercise aspect of it all too. I am aiming to get up and to the gym before work in the morning. So that means I would have to be up and there by 6:30/45 to be home and get ready for work on time. For now I'm aiming to do this 3 days a week and walk to work each day. I'll be posting here if nothing more than for myself. Feel free to post here too and we can all support each other on this journey.

Replies

• rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I need some accountability as well. I haven't even been on MFP in weeks, not to mention that I have gained back a couple of my 10+ pounds I originally lost. Ugh.
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use a MapMyFitness app to log all of my workouts. It automatically syncs my runs. Then I can look at the monthly calendar to see what days I did or didn't work out. That's how I hold myself accountable.

ETA: I get up at 6 am to run each day. If I had to drive the gym I'd definitely be unmotivated to do that. If you find yourself not getting to the gym maybe trying to do stuff at home instead. There's a ton of videos you could do. I do Jillian Michaels on crosstraining days. I don't have the budget or time to actually go to the gym. That's why I find other things that work better and I'm much more motivated to stick with them long term.
  • KHolladay36
    Options
    I got nothing! I bought an eliptical for my house (just moved in 6 months ago) and I have not really been using my eliptical. Signed up for MFP yesterday so that I could try and log my caloric intake and exercise, but I still have not gotten on the equipment yet. Maybe logging my exercise here will help with my accountability.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi I get up at 4:20 am so I can work out 5 week days Mon - Fri before I come home and get ready for work.
  • jwallner04
    jwallner04 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well...I went to be last night earlier than I normally do and I still didn't get up this morning. :/ I really am not a morning person! I struggle just getting up for work let alone getting up earlier than that. I have always liked working out later in the day. I think that is going to be what I do. I am going to pack a bag with clothes tomorrow and go straight to the gym. I really am lucky. I live close enough to walk to work and the Y is only a few blocks from work. So, that's my plan for tomorrow.

As far as today. I walked to and from work. That gives me about a mile total. I also plan on getting out with my hubby this evening to walk with him. So, it's not a complete bust as least!