i've *so* got this!

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 23 in Success Stories
just came back from c25k training and (drumroll please).....i jogged for 25 minutes solid! i actually jogged for 26 minutes - i threw in an extra minute just to spite the treadmill - and then i followed it up with a few 2 minute intervals at a faster pace. so i finished my 5k today in under 40 minutes, which is a first. i want to shave that time down a bit, but i was totally thrilled. i'm not signing on to a 5k until april 16th, so i'm hoping that by then i can get it down to at least around 32 or 33 minutes. we'll see - this jogging is pretty slow going with me, but I'M DOING IT!!! so pumped right now!

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    High 5's all around...! :) Keep up the great work & thanks for postin' ... xo
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Way to go. I'm happy if I can do 2 minutes of running on the treadmill. One of these days though...
  • That is AWESOME! Good for you! Keep that attitude - and good luck with your future training!
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    way to go!!!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Congratulations! I'm currently doing the C25K, having worked myself up to Week 6 Day 2. I'm looking forward to that day when I actually jog the full 5 K.

Keep up the good work!
  • Gratz!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    I'm walking my first 5K in February! I've been told not to run or jog until I'm under 200 lbs. My knees! Ouch! Anyway. Congrats!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 847 Member
    Congratulations honey! That is awesomely amazing! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    good job my friend, that is quite the accomplishment
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!