last nights biggest loser .....

Options
faithNlove212
faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
How does everyone feel about last nights episode? :ohwell: Do you feel Dan & Don gained on purpose like Bob & Jillian made it seem??

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was shocked! Its seemed like they did. But when they showed him down to 215 pounds it made me feel like it was the right decision. He looked amazing! Better than someone going home who really wants to be there. But seriously 9+ pounds on both was crazy!!!!
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yep!! To gain 9lbs that equates to 31,500 calories. Were else would you get that but by stuffing your self.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    To some extent they did. Bob was on to something when he said, "You just don't gain 9lbs on THE BIGGEST LOSER!"
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    Maybe they put dumbells in their pants? .lol.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you water log you gain but I don't know if it would have been 9lbs. The twin really wanted to be home and so I think that was the best thing for him. I could possibly see him getting sick if he hadn't left. He is very co-dependent. Thats going to be an issue for him.

Now his brother has to bare the wrath of Jillian.
  • ToadallyHIS
    Options
    I didn't want to be too quick to judge, but wow, +9 lbs, BOTH of them, just seems like something was going on. I always want to believe the best in people and i want to trust when they say they didn't do something, but that just seemed too off to me.

On another note, i LOVE Courtney's mind set and attitude!!!!
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    They both TOTALLY threw the weigh-in. Don't know if anyone has watched past seasons but there was a contestant named Neil who downed gallons of water for an 11 pound gain just before the weigh in to get rid of a specific player. I bet they both did the same thing so Dan could go home, which seems to be the right choice--he's doing well!

Does anyone have a favorite to win this season?
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm not as interested in this season for some reason...but I did pay attention last night to the weigh in and was like WTF are you KIDDING ME???? They had to have done something to gain 9 lbs. That was insane.

My favorite is the...aqua team I think? The mother and daughter who's already lost 100 lbs on her own. She has got some serious self confidence and motivation and it is refreshing to see that on BL. Plus I think of her these days when I don't want to get my butt into the gym because I am sore or tired.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im gutted..i love biggest loser but we dont have tv at my place til next week.. such a bummer not being able to watch my programmes while skipping or doing yoga ball stuff.. :(
    sounds like ive missed some good stuff so far as well =/
    but roll on next week and ill be watching it :D
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I was like you got be kidding me!!, on Biggest Loser you
    gained 9+ lbs. They must have ate and ate until the weigh in.
    I thought Jillian was going to go nuts when she saw the
    results. She was so shocked she had no words.
    I hope the other twin can survive without the other one.
    They seem to really depend on one another. :frown:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    im gutted..i love biggest loser but we dont have tv at my place til next week.. such a bummer not being able to watch my programmes while skipping or doing yoga ball stuff.. :(
    sounds like ive missed some good stuff so far as well =/
    but roll on next week and ill be watching it :D

Check out the episode on www.hulu.com or from the NBC website.
    I have NEVER seen anybody gain 9 pounds on TBL. Glad I stayed up for it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep!! To gain 9lbs that equates to 31,500 calories. Were else would you get that but by stuffing your self.

I don't think they did it by calories. That can easily and quickly be done with sodium intake. Last July I went to a soul food restaurant on a vacation week...three times. I came back, got on the scale, and found a five pound (scale) weight gain from sodium only.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't think they did it by calories. That can easily and quickly be done with sodium intake. Last July I went to a soul food restaurant on a vacation week...three times. I came back, got on the scale, and found a five pound (scale) weight gain from sodium only.

Yep. Also, if it is true what some contestants have come out with, there's some serious dehydration going on before every weigh-in, plus taking of multiple doses of laxatives. I imagine that the typical contestant goes up several pounds immediately after weigh-in just by re-filling water stores and having a meal or two in the digestive system.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    How does everyone feel about last nights episode? :ohwell: Do you feel Dan & Don gained on purpose like Bob & Jillian made it seem??

Of course they did it on purpose. They are working out every day and still managed to consume 31,500 calories more than if they had maintained. That's over 20 days of food you would normally consume. IN ADDITTION TO WHAT THEY WOULD NEED TO CONSUME JUST TO MAINTAIN THEIR WEIGHT.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I'm not as interested in this season for some reason...but I did pay attention last night to the weigh in and was like WTF are you KIDDING ME???? They had to have done something to gain 9 lbs. That was insane.

My favorite is the...aqua team I think? The mother and daughter who's already lost 100 lbs on her own. She has got some serious self confidence and motivation and it is refreshing to see that on BL. Plus I think of her these days when I don't want to get my butt into the gym because I am sore or tired.

They threw hands down.

I too am rooting for the aqua team. The daughter is going to lose a lot wether she winsBL or not, she is so focused.
  • spuzo
    spuzo Posts: 50
    Options
    I was really surprised that they BOTH gained 9lbs. It struck me as really odd. I kept looking for something that might be on them physically, like weights. It didnt make sense. I was so surprised because it showed them both in the gym working hard.

I dont have a favorite yet only because I dont know what the "unknowns" attitudes are like - we've seen so little from that team so far.

I missed the 1st half of the show..can someone fill me in on what happened with Arthur - Bob said the Dr. upped his calories??? Was there an issue with him eating too little?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    [

Of course they did it on purpose. They are working out every day and still managed to consume 31,500 calories more than if they had maintained. That's over 20 days of food you would normally consume. IN ADDITTION TO WHAT THEY WOULD NEED TO CONSUME JUST TO MAINTAIN THEIR WEIGHT.

I could do that. :embarassed:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    they threw it and they probably did it by drinking water. 1 gallon of water weighs 8lbs. they each drank a gallon and got lucky on the last pound. Plus this gaurantees that Dan or whichever one stayed will have immunity next week. Cause the water wont stay. He will lose like normal plus the 9 lbs!

Also if you go back and watch it one of them says something after Bob made his last comment that I thought proved that they threw it. If I can find a clip Ill post what he said
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    they threw it and they probably did it by drinking water. 1 gallon of water weighs 8lbs. they each drank a gallon and got lucky on the last pound. Plus this gaurantees that Dan or whichever one stayed will have immunity next week. Cause the water wont stay. He will lose like normal plus the 9 lbs!

Also if you go back and watch it one of them says something after Bob made his last comment that I thought proved that they threw it. If I can find a clip Ill post what he said

I know what your talking about. Something along the lines of loosing so that Arthur could stay
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Mr Cope nailed it on the head. This was planned out perfectly. They already knew they were going to send Dan home, so why not take advantage for the other to get immunity for the other.

To fix things like that, they should have a rule in place: Anyone that gains weight while at the ranch is automatically sent home and/or disqualified. For all the exercise they do and diet they follow, there's absolutely NO REASON to gain weight there unless you do it on purpose.