Dessert ideas

Options
Anyone have some good ideas of healthy desserts? My biggest downfall is my sweet tooth.

Replies

• anull78
    anull78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's one from a Biggest Loser recipe book:

Chocolate Grahamwiches
    Chocolate graham crackers (broken in haf to make squares)
    Peanut butter - thin layer on 1 square
    Cool whip - about 1/4" thick on top of the peanut butter
    Top with the oher square
    Freeze for 2 hours (up to 1 month)

My hubby and I really enjoy these - the cool whip kind of takes on an ice cream texture. Each serving (1 grahamwich) is about 112 calories (according to the book).
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love Chapman's Fat Free frozen yogurt, comes in things like mint chip and dutch chocolate, but not too bad on the calories since it is yogurt, skinny cow desserts, fresh pineapple or other really sweet fruits
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I LOVE VitaTops. They are small but they still serve their purpose.

http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i make myself a cinnamon tea, smoothies and sugar free jello. i have a big sugar craving but the smoothies that ive done specially this one: one 1 scoop of no sugar low fat butter pecan ice cream, 1/2 cup of low fat milk ( i use almond milk), 1 tblspn vanilla whey protein powder, 1 tsp grnd flaxseed, dash cinnamon and a tsp of honey, 3 ice cubes, blend and enjoy. you can always take out the whey and flaxseed if you dont have it that just gives you more protein.
  • blakecody
    blakecody Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here is a New one I've tried that has become my favorite:

1 box fat free/sugar free jello (any flavor)
    1 box fat free/sugar free instant pudding (any flavor)
    8 oz. fat free cool whip

Make jello with directions on box, mix in pudding powder (do not add milk),
    fold in the cool whip. Pour into 1 cup containers.

Calories: 76 per 1 cup
    Fat: 0

Some of my favorite combos are: strawberry jello, and cheesecake pudding
    strawberry jello, and banana cream pudding
    orange jello, and vanilla pudding
    strawberry jello, and chocolate pudding

Hope you enjoy!!! Let me know!
  • CarPol
    CarPol Posts: 5
    Options
    I am afraid there are no healthy desserts. I recommend a little of what you fancy once a week. Then it is really a treat;-) Enjoy that cupcake, just don't eat so many of them....
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ohh slice some apples, take out the core sprinkle some cinnamon and yummmy.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream products! Emerald Cocoa Almonds dark chocolate flavor. Vanilla yogurt with fruit mixed in and frozen on a stick. Frozen banana with chocolate syrup drizzle. Vanilla yogurt with PB in a blender and toss in a few choc chips and freeze semi solid. Apple cored with cinn and nutmeg and a dash of sweetner either in the oven or microwave.

Get creative!
  • tigergreeneyz
    tigergreeneyz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth. For me, my weakness is chocolate. For roughly 98 calories, you can have a S'More using 1 Large Marshmallow, 2 Honey Graham crackers, and 2 small pieces of Hershey's chocolate. That's my go to for a filling chocoloate dessert.