New to My Fitness Pal

Options
I joined a long time ago but never followed thru so today I decided to at least give it a good try. Hope to learn a lot from others and miost of all I need group support. Only those of us who live with our food demons daily know what its like to want to be slim and attractive but for some reason we are not able to do the work to get to that point.

Replies

• CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new as well. I signed up awhile back but just started logging a couple of weeks ago. I have quit the diet thing and am just trying to change my habits. Something I am learning in life - which should help here - is that I'm not going to wait to get motivated. I'm just changing habits a little at a time so that they're manageable. I'm sick of feeling desperate and feeling like a failure. I want my life back and I'm going to take my time doing it so that it sticks. No more diets for me!
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you. I've been a member for just over a year but wasn't consistent. Started getting serious (again) last month and feel much more committed this time.
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wish you both lots of luck! and this is a good read for beginning here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you%27re+new+here
  • nessacampbell
    nessacampbell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm also new to myfitnesspal. Anyone want to be "friends" and help motivate each other?
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this, just don't quit.
    Good luck to you.